PDA

View Full Version : Tyre fitting place in Melb

NightKids
20-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Hi looking for a cheap place in Melb to fit tyres, any recommendations? Read some posts that said it was $5 per wheel but dunno if it's still that cheap anymore...

m3ntAL_l2
20-03-2009, 07:41 AM
$5??? where??? everywhere i go is $40/4 but again.. thats for tsf set of tyres from one set to another

mocchi
20-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Hi looking for a cheap place in Melb to fit tyres, any recommendations? Read some posts that said it was $5 per wheel but dunno if it's still that cheap anymore...

lol 5 bucks. no way on earth. $40 sounds more like it. but wouldn't mind to know some cheaper place too! :D

NightKids
20-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Yeah I dunno where I read it from, it was some thread from here. Prob from Cabra where the owner is a friend of a friend or something.

So where do you go mocchi?

IEVAQ8
20-03-2009, 07:52 AM
what area u looking for???? or are u from????

mocchi
20-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Yeah I dunno where I read it from, it was some thread from here. Prob from Cabra where the owner is a friend of a friend or something.

So where do you go mocchi?

well if you know where to do it for $5 a tyre, hook a brutha up :cool:

last time i did it at kmart, around $25/30 i think + alignment was around $140-150 total.

i brought my own rims and tyres.

ievaq8: east side? west side? if its $5 a corner ill go westside hehe.

mrwillz
20-03-2009, 09:23 AM
try canterbury tyres on princes hwy, springy
they seem to be cheap

mocchi
20-03-2009, 09:30 AM
try canterbury tyres on princes hwy, springy
they seem to be cheap

been there before? how much roughly, im gonna need to fit some tyres soon.

mrwillz
20-03-2009, 09:37 AM
i have been there before
he charged me pretty cheap
i cant remember if it was 5/10bux a rim
but yeah im sure u can negotiate

mocchi
20-03-2009, 09:39 AM
i have been there before
he charged me pretty cheap
i cant remember if it was 5/10bux a rim
but yeah im sure u can negotiate

there you go NightKids. mrwillz = hero.

oh wait... did you buy tyres from them or rims?
or just brought your own tyres and rims and the cost for fitting is 5/10bucks each

IEVAQ8
20-03-2009, 12:56 PM
it used to be tyre power in sunshine.................

now known as tyre professionals same location on mcIntyre road, but they charge $10 per tyre..........if i remember correctly, as i dont pay when i go there, but i remember they are the cheapest i know

mrwillz
20-03-2009, 04:35 PM
there you go NightKids. mrwillz = hero.

oh wait... did you buy tyres from them or rims?
or just brought your own tyres and rims and the cost for fitting is 5/10bucks each

brought my own tyres there

NightKids
20-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah I'm from east side so I might give canterbury tyres a go, hope they're cheap! Might give them a call 1st

mocchi
20-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah I'm from east side so I might give canterbury tyres a go, hope they're cheap! Might give them a call 1st

let us know how you go boss

power_of_dreams
20-03-2009, 07:11 PM
nightkids, you planning on alignment + balance as well?

richy
20-03-2009, 07:13 PM
remember to factor in balancing as well guys. I've been quoted $15 bucks each from a bunch of stores for fit and balance.

NightKids
20-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure what balancing is, is that wheel alignment?

mocchi
20-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm not sure what balancing is, is that wheel alignment?

lolwut? they glue on aluminium weights onto the inner side of your rims.
the idea is so that when the wheel spin, looking at 0 offset left and right side is balanced.

wheels that aren't balanced can cause vibration when driving.

mrwillz
20-03-2009, 10:58 PM

yeah buzz em first

i've never had a problem with their services, been there few times.

NightKids
21-03-2009, 02:27 PM
yeah buzz em first

i've never had a problem with their services, been there few times.

Cool... will keep everyone up to date on prices, services next week...

NightKids
23-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Gave Canterbury Tyres a call mrwillz, the guy didn't seem very nice.

So I made another call to Bearepaires & he was much better! Real nice & helpful so I made a booking with him. (it's amazing how important customer service is)

Been quoted $20 with balancing included.

mocchi
23-03-2009, 01:09 PM
which beaurepairs? youre bringing your own tires yea?
$20 is not bad

NightKids
23-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah i'm bringing my own tyres, lug nuts & wheels. I've told them that I want them hand tightened, should I stand there & watch them put it on though cause that seems kinda rude...

mocchi
23-03-2009, 04:08 PM
yea just stand and watch, specially if you got bling nuts.
my bc nuts gone rusted cos they use air tools. i dont really mind, theyre not bling nuts anyways.

power_of_dreams
23-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Gave Canterbury Tyres a call mrwillz, the guy didn't seem very nice.

So I made another call to Bearepaires & he was much better! Real nice & helpful so I made a booking with him. (it's amazing how important customer service is)

Been quoted $20 with balancing included.

i got quoted $10 a corner for balancing alone from beaurepairs, which means you are paying $10 a corner for tyre fitting.

it seems reasonable, though if you were to badger around I'm sure you could save $5 a corner

NightKids
23-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Hmm didn't know you could do that for places like beaurepaires. Gotta keep that in mind next time to get a cheaper rate.

There's been a bit of a problem with the courier delivering my tyres so hopefully I can get the tyres tommorow and my wheels put on!

power_of_dreams
23-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Hmm didn't know you could do that for places like beaurepaires. Gotta keep that in mind next time to get a cheaper rate.

There's been a bit of a problem with the courier delivering my tyres so hopefully I can get the tyres tommorow and my wheels put on!

When I say badger around, I meant at other places :thumbsup:
All up you are paying $20 a corner for fitting and balancing, what I meant was that at another place you could probably get the same done for $15.

I don't think they negotiate, but maybe they price match?

NightKids
23-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah seems like an alright price, hope they do a good job.

I read up a bit on wheel balancing. May sound a bit noob but I bought light rims and it seems as though they're gonna add some weights to it! LOL

power_of_dreams
23-03-2009, 08:44 PM

I read up a bit on wheel balancing. May sound a bit noob but I bought light rims and it seems as though they're gonna add some weights to it! LOL

They are.
Without balancing you will have excessive tyre wear though.

mocchi
23-03-2009, 08:54 PM

lol. funny kient.

NightKids
24-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Just got the wheels on from beaurepaires.

My booking was for 3PM & it finished at around 4:15PM, it took forever cause they were under staffed. They hand tightened the nuts but was still able to make a few scratches on a few of them. Think i saw a lil mark on the edge of one of the rims too.....

So overall they were OK but may be able to find better places.

mocchi
01-10-2009, 01:30 PM
fitting is $10 per tyre
$5 extra for balancing.
at canterbury tyre and mag supamart and liza tyres springy.

sangyz
02-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Mocchi dont go kmart anymore to do wheel alignments and shit man. I used to work at kmart as a mechanic they are dodgyy lol the wheel alignment machine aint even computerized its done by lasers and it aint that good. and if the wheel alignment still isn't right after its done they guess it and hope it drives straight lol.