PDA

View Full Version : Alarm remote control lost

xtercii
21-03-2009, 07:47 PM
guys my gf lost her alarm remote control and the car cannot start now due to the immobiliser. The alarm brand is unknown and came with the car and it's an after market item, what are her options now? Taking it to an alarm get a new one or are there any easy fixes? Thanks.

eght
21-03-2009, 08:16 PM
give us info on the car please.

from what i can see, you can either get the appropriate wiring diagrams and remove the alarm system from your vehicle and reverse the installation of the alarm system; or

go call out a mobile autoelectrician to cut out the cost of gettin your vehicle to a workshop.

thats based on the assumption you have no support with your current alarm system.

also, usually in vehicle alarm systems, there is a disarm/arm button somewhere in the vehicle? it's usually hidden under the steering column somewhere.

xtercii
21-03-2009, 10:55 PM
The car is a 2000 model EM1. The car can be towed to workshops free as it's covered under NRMA roadside assistance. I don't there is a disarm button in the car though...

markoJEK1
22-03-2009, 07:14 AM
If its the same setup as the EK's , that come with the aftermarket immobilizer systems from factory, you only bet is to take it to honda, buy another remote and get them to program it

night_wolf
23-03-2009, 02:20 PM
marko might be on the right path there... but to know for certain if its after market look under the steering column and look for the shock sensor or alarm control unit.. normally the shock sensor is attached to the steering column so it picks up vibrations. if you find the shock sensor you can easily find out what brand and type of alarm it is. if it truly is an after market one the you shall find a valet control button hidden in the glove compartment or under the steering column area. if thats there you can turn the ignition and press that button to deactivate the immobiliser.
good luck and keep us posted on updates.

dwn_boi
23-03-2009, 02:43 PM
this happnd to me too, jst look in your engine bay where the alarm is (if yours is conected that way) and there should be a name/brand mentioned on the housing of the alarm.

xtercii
24-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks guys, it's getting sorted out.

tiksie
24-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Same thing with my car, got a alarm connected to it but it's disabled.

Can a auto electrician program remote to it ? Or does it have to be the company of the alarm ?

flipfire
24-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I had no luck getting a spare remote for my discontinued alarm.

If your alarm doesnt have code hopping and you still have the original remote, you can program the keys to a learning remote.

xtercii
25-03-2009, 08:56 AM
I have been told the alarm shops can re-program a new remote even if you lost all ur remotes for around 80bux...not too sure, gonna find out soon...

tiksie
25-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Please let me know when you find out man!

I have a alarm in my car which isn't armed, the previous owner had lost the remote, it would be great if I could get a new remote programed to it.

sifnt
25-03-2009, 04:27 PM
if it actually a aftermarket alarm, go to an alarm place they re-program mine when i lost both my controls, if your in sydney i went "desire 4 sound"

tiksie
25-03-2009, 05:39 PM
if it actually a aftermarket alarm, go to an alarm place they re-program mine when i lost both my controls, if your in sydney i went "desire 4 sound"

How much did it cost ??

flipfire
25-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Yeah i need one a spare one too. Where abouts are they located and how around how much?