PDA

View Full Version : [[[URGENT!!!]]] 2009 Model Civic + Mugen Bodykit

byuen1
21-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone,

ive found this Mugen Civic body kit online and i was planning on buying it

the kit kinda looks like this....
(mugen-power.com/street/civic/parts/index.html)

it kit is a replica thou...

im positive that u can fit it onto a 06/07/08 model

But will it fit onto the 2009 model of the 8th Generation Civic??

Im just wondering is there anyone that is out there that knows if there are any differences in design between the 08 model and the 09 model and possibbly give any recomendations on whether the kit will fit the 2009 model or not

Thanks

andyhui01
21-03-2009, 11:11 PM
The 2009 Model (Facelift with the Blackened Tailights) and Non Circle Brake Lights have a different front Spoiler. Mugen has a kit for the 2009 civic and the 2006 civic. If yours is the facelift one, you will have to buy the 2009 one which is not the same as the 06/07/08 ones

ps. your link doesn't work

byuen1
21-03-2009, 11:27 PM
The 2009 Model (Facelift with the Blackened Tailights) and Non Circle Brake Lights have a different front Spoiler. Mugen has a kit for the 2009 civic and the 2006 civic. If yours is the facelift one, you will have to buy the 2009 one which is not the same as the 06/07/08 ones

ps. your link doesn't work

Thanks, i fixed the link

well, the buyer said that the kit will def fit the 06/07/08 model

im just wondering if there are any design changes to the 09 model exterior parts such as the rear bumper/front spoiler/side skirt.... and will these changes prevent the kit from being fitted or must i buy the 08 model civic in order to fit the kit

aero
22-03-2009, 12:00 AM
the pictures of the FD in ur link do look like the 09 facelift version of the FD. same, foggies, same squarer grille, and same hexagonal tail lights. i'd say that if u get a replica of that exact kit, it should be able to fit ur 09 civic.
dont take my word on it, though. should wait on sombody with a bit more knowledge than me to reply :p

btw, why is this urgent? is there limited stock or limited time sale on these? lol

byuen1
22-03-2009, 02:41 AM
the pictures of the FD in ur link do look like the 09 facelift version of the FD. same, foggies, same squarer grille, and same hexagonal tail lights. i'd say that if u get a replica of that exact kit, it should be able to fit ur 09 civic.
dont take my word on it, though. should wait on sombody with a bit more knowledge than me to reply :p

btw, why is this urgent? is there limited stock or limited time sale on these? lol

I must make the purchase on monday :D

sorry, just to clear things up

wat im actually buying is the Front Lip,Rear Lip, Side Skirts and Rear Spoiler.

but im not sure if the words "front/Rear LIP mean the same as "Front/Rear Bumper

shadou
22-03-2009, 04:53 AM
it's an attachment to your existing front/rear bumpers, same as the side skirts most likely.

andyhui01
22-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks, i fixed the link

well, the buyer said that the kit will def fit the 06/07/08 model

im just wondering if there are any design changes to the 09 model exterior parts such as the rear bumper/front spoiler/side skirt.... and will these changes prevent the kit from being fitted or must i buy the 08 model civic in order to fit the kit

if the kit will fit 06-08 then it will not fit in yours since you said yours is a 2009 one.

If the Kit is exactly the same as the one in your Link and the buyer says it'll fit 06-08, then he sounds like a dodgy seller.

In case you're not aware of, there are 2 Lip Kits available for the FD. Pre Facelift (06-08) and Face Lift