PDA

View Full Version : Need Mod Plates - Got Defected.

James Dean
22-03-2009, 06:03 PM
I got defected for my seats today, im in the indooroopilly (brissy) area need to know where i can get a mod plate...

someone who is relaxed?

geeang
22-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Not sure about brisbane but in NSW you only need to get it cleared by any mechanic that can do blue-slips.

Mod plates means you'll need to get your mods engineered (which is also pretty expensive).

EK1.6LCIV
22-03-2009, 06:52 PM
I found a guy on a google search, to do that it varies in price

but the price should be around what I was quoted for 2seater at $130

there's no legislation for what the std price is so it varies (as most are mobile blokes who will charge what they feel a good rate is depending on location imo), bit shit if you ask me

or get some seat covers in the mean time :D

night_wolf
22-03-2009, 09:05 PM
well you cant get defected for your seats as long as they are ADR approved as far as i know (correct me if im wrong). other mods involvin engine/chasis should be enginered.

hondavti25
22-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I got mine done by extreme engineering near acacia ridge. Cost me 400 for labour, rails, and mod plate? so wasnt to much for the mod plate.

geeang
22-03-2009, 09:14 PM
well you cant get defected for your seats as long as they are ADR approved as far as i know (correct me if im wrong). other mods involvin engine/chasis should be enginered.

Police can defect you for ANYTHING regardless of mod plate even.
Mod plates only make it easier for you to clear defects, does not make your car defect-proof.
And seats need to be engineered, even if they are ADR approved.

James Dean
22-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I got mine done by extreme engineering near acacia ridge. Cost me 400 for labour, rails, and mod plate? so wasnt to much for the mod plate.

So they made custom rails and you got your slip for that much?... thats not bad.

ek4-guy
22-03-2009, 09:49 PM
a mod plate is just to state things are properly installed

it doesn't mean they are not defectable

James Dean
22-03-2009, 10:01 PM
but with seats they test they are up to standard or better and then thats what the mod plate means.

well thats pretty much what the coppa said.

But then again he thought my CAI was boost. lol. and black bonnet was Carbon Fibre.

VTECMACHINE
22-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Engineering sucks... but it feels a whole lot better driving in a "legal" car.

night_wolf
22-03-2009, 11:33 PM
ah i see. thanks for the info ppl! :D

V73C
23-03-2009, 06:25 PM

craige ... top bloke, does quality work

55EXX
23-03-2009, 07:46 PM
do you have to get it cleared? as in take it to the pits? i've been defected and never had to do anything but pay the fine. steering wheel too small and no horn and no water in the washer bottle, some i've got done twice now. all good now tho ;)

James Dean
23-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah gotta get it cleared.

You got done for no water in the washer bottle... thats harsh.

James Dean
04-05-2009, 01:18 PM

I can't find this place in yellow pages or anything.

HotKgon
05-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Might be a tad off-topic, but what exactly are seat mods? and how does a cop pull you over for a modded seat? (just wanting to know so I don't get shafted in the future)

James Dean
05-05-2009, 08:06 PM
seat mods; changing seats, well thats what i did anyways.

If you change your seats then you require a modification plate, basically to say they have been installed correctly and the rails are safe.

hope this helps.

90LAN
05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
theres a workshop at blunder rd oxley after bunnings that does mod plates !st left after drive way
pretty reasonal prices

a mod plate will help
attitude helps too
sounding convincing helps alot too
and if it looks stock and belongs there that helps too

James Dean
05-05-2009, 09:07 PM
do you know anywhere that makes custom rails?

90LAN
05-05-2009, 09:35 PM
do you know anywhere that makes custom rails?

not for lancers lol

James Dean
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
im sure someone who makes them for honda's could make em for lancers? how much different can they be?

90LAN
05-05-2009, 10:02 PM
best to check yellow pages
and look for modification mod plates
usually people in that business would have people they know do that type of stuff

tayl51601
06-05-2009, 10:58 AM
You could always try 999 Automotive in coopers plains, send them a PM and ask.
They did my mod plate for my turbo, dont know if they would do it for seats, no harm in asking.

Where abouts in the indooroopilly area are you??
I always get pulled over around there lol, im in kenmore.
Cops name wasnt Wilkinson or something similar by any chance??

James Dean
06-05-2009, 11:00 AM
You could always try 999 Automotive in coopers plains, send them a PM and ask.
They did my mod plate for my turbo, dont know if they would do it for seats, no harm in asking.

Where abouts in the indooroopilly area are you??
I always get pulled over around there lol, im in kenmore.
Cops name wasnt Wilkinson or something similar by any chance??

I don't remember his name.
I no longer live in indooropilly, moved to the gold coast.

Getting the mod plate is no longer a problem, i found a place im comfortable with but i need rails. :(:thumbdwn:

EK1.6LCIV
06-05-2009, 11:03 AM
I got defected for my seats today, im in the indooroopilly (brissy) area need to know where i can get a mod plate...

someone who is relaxed?

Im heading to a guy up north on the weekend for $100 flat

Ive done all the work (installed rails to seats, rails and seats into the car and properly torqued up all of the 22bolts involved

he's looking at:

proper bolts and washer used in the install, seat belt condition, seat belt re-coil, seat condition

but if it fails its just like a roadworthy (you pay anyway) so make sure its on the up and up

James Dean
06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
wow, thats cheap.

Can you pm me his details please. :)

dsp26
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM

I used to think that then realised just like modding the engine, getting it engineered ensures that the installation was done properly and is safe, ie seats won't come off dodgy rails, etc...

EK1.6LCIV
06-05-2009, 01:02 PM
pm sent btw :D