PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to change the front lights for a eg?

vryb18
22-03-2009, 08:41 PM
I bought the car with halo lights but i want to change it to black crystal lights with amber corner lights? any one know any DIY steps i could take?

jdmEG5
22-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah, i know how. Take off ur front bumper. there are 5 screws on top of it, located infront of ur radiator. Take that off.
2nd : there are size 10 rachet screws on eac side wer the front wheel fenders are, inside the plastic guards.

3rd : Underneath the front bumper, there should be 2 screws, size 10 holding up the bumper.
when all are off, u can just slide ur bumper off.

4th. remove all screws that are connected with ur halo profect, so there should be screws on top and just on the side corner, ( theres a hole on the panel, a small one) this is on both sides. They're size 10, and 1 screws from each side where the blinkers are located.

After all screws are removed, take off both bars that are attached to the bumper supporter. There should be size 10 screws on both. This is located Just on the edge, of the front side of the headlights. When those are removed, im pretty sure ur able to slide it off.

This just came from top of my head. Hope it helps

vryb18
24-03-2009, 09:35 PM
ko0l, thanks heaps man... looks like a pretty long job, so ill wait till the weekend.. lol

SuiJin
24-03-2009, 09:49 PM
no its a 20min job to take n swap if u know what ur doing.

kazam
25-03-2009, 06:26 PM
well he duzn't, thats y he made this thread :p

kcokla
25-03-2009, 06:46 PM
I bought the car with halo lights but i want to change it to black crystal lights with amber corner lights? any one know any DIY steps i could take?

its probably the most simple job ever,
just open your bonnet and look at whats logical! you cant stuff it up
takes u 20 minutes, tops./

OMG.JAI xD
25-03-2009, 07:06 PM
You have to put into consideration if the halos were wired up profesionally with relays and retaining the stock connectors or if they were sliced/cut and just soldered on to the old terminals.

In that case youll need 'male' connections (Or female. Im not sure which on is which) to suit your oem connector.
And connect them up that way.