PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question About lights. :)

jdmEG5
23-03-2009, 08:18 PM
lol closed

Mugen Civic
23-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Xenon & HID - They are the same thing. Alot of halogen globes put Xenon on the packaging but they are not actually Xenon, maybe they are refering to the colour they give out or something. Real Xenon and HID (High Intensity Discharge) is Gas that lets a electrical arc to travel and that whats t gives the light output. It also require transformers (ballast) to up the voltage.

Bi-Xenon - basically xenon that has both high and low beam.

flipfire
24-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Xenon is the gas used in HID's

jdmEG5
24-03-2009, 02:57 PM
er ok, then.. doesnt some H.I.D comes in high/low beam as well?

uniorj
24-03-2009, 03:15 PM
er ok, then.. doesnt some H.I.D comes in high/low beam as well?

Xenon & HID - They are the same thing. Alot of halogen globes put Xenon on the packaging but they are not actually Xenon, maybe they are refering to the colour they give out or something. Real Xenon and HID (High Intensity Discharge) is Gas that lets a electrical arc to travel and that whats t gives the light output. It also require transformers (ballast) to up the voltage.

Bi-Xenon - basically xenon that has both high and low beam.

The colour is just the temperature at which the light operates at.

night_wolf
24-03-2009, 05:29 PM
xenon is a colorless orderless gas that exsits in the atmosphere, H.I.D's also known as high intensity discharge blubs use this gas to run through the glob and a electrode gives out the electricity that causes the gas to glow. unlike conventioal halogen globes where a filiment is used to give out the actual light. the H.I.D's pump the gas through a chamber causing a intense light. varying on the power/temperature output from the electrodes the color spectrum varies. yellow/blue/purple/red/etc. generally the HID's take a good 30sec to heat up before it puts out the proper color. these globes are meant to be used with projector headlights since the light is dispersersed everywhere and only something like projecter headlights can actually focus the beam of light.
H.I.D's come in a variety since some cars dont run hi/low beams in the same globe. i.e, honda integra. hence the reason the name bixenon, bixenon dictates to the buyer that the H.I.D's are capable of hi/low beams.