PDA

View Full Version : Accord Black Luxury - Which Tint is the Best

veeparam
23-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've just picked up a Black Accord V6 Luxury model.
Drives brilliant..just like a Honda is expected to...:)

Now Im planning to Tint the same, the dealer advices though Black, given my car has Ivory interiors, a Full legal tint would not spoil the car's look.

Just need some guidance here...Whats the best suited tint for a black Honda.. Suggestions / Photos, most welcome,

Thanks,
Drive safe, Be Safe,:angel:

Cheers,
VP

vegas
24-03-2009, 06:07 AM
On my previous black car I went for the plain film over the metal film as it looks more black rather than having a bit of a mirrored tinge. However the mirrored look of the metal film may look good and match with the chrome trim.

If you go to the tint shop most will show all thier films and hold it over a window on your car to give you a preview.

Looking at about $200 for non- metallic, and $220ish for the metallic.

Make sure you get something with a lifetime warranty.

Oh and good choice on the car, I wanted black but got too good of a deal on my grey one.

What are the details of your car? k's, year model, price etc.?

blackv6luxury
24-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Everyone,
I've just picked up a Black Accord V6 Luxury model.
Drives brilliant..just like a Honda is expected to...:)

Now Im planning to Tint the same, the dealer advices though Black, given my car has Ivory interiors, a Full legal tint would not spoil the car's look.

Just need some guidance here...Whats the best suited tint for a black Honda.. Suggestions / Photos, most welcome,

Thanks,
Drive safe, Be Safe,:angel:

Cheers,
VP

I've got the same car [black V6L with ivory].. I went with the formula 1 window tint from tint-a-car. I chose that because the reflective film spoils the look of the car whereas the formula 1 has better UV protection and looks pretty good....

Crapdaz
24-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Where are you located? if your in sydney you can look up TGZBOI or BOY in this forum or i can refer you to some guy in picnic point.

Save the trouble of paying $400+ at tintacar.

blackv6luxury
24-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Where are you located? if your in sydney you can look up TGZBOI or BOY in this forum or i can refer you to some guy in picnic point.

I paid 350 for mine...But that was because I bargained for it ...

chris_greek
24-03-2009, 08:16 PM
got a guy who does it from home to do my g/f's black alfa 156 and a mates 01 rexy, they both got 2 shades over legal tint limit, which is 1 b4 limo'z have. thats the way to go, he lives in parkmore melbourne near the parkmore shopz, his a great guy and very helpful and friendly, he charges $200 and can take old tint off aswell, his a pro and used to do it for dealers, so he is trustworthy.

call him on 0411860015 and enquire

gl

power_of_dreams
24-03-2009, 08:19 PM

can you vouch for tegboi's work?

veeparam
24-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks Guys for the suggestions and Info.

Vegas,
To answer your question - My model is the Accord v6 Luxury, Nighthawk black with Ivory interiors. Its thr 2009 model. Paid around 46k, New car.

blackv6luxury,
I tried Tint-a-car , I mean asked for a qoute for the Formula 1 film, they offered $365.00
So i might have to have a look and see if this is fine.

Once again, Thanks everyone,
Drive safe, Be Safe,
Cheers,
VP

Hitchy
27-03-2009, 02:22 PM
From my experience, make sure a non metalic film goes on the rear window.
Befor purchasing my 05 V6 a dealer mentioned this as the integrated radio antenna in the rear window demister will get inerference.
I got the car through a lease deal at another dealer including tint and guess what? 'titanium' film on rear window and now I live with random static on FM radio reception. Dealer agreed to remove/replace but I'm worried they'll do damage so have left it.
Not happy. :(
Not very dark for darkest legal either. Speaking of which.

got a guy who does it from home,...... they both got 2 shades over legal tint limit, which is 1 b4 limo'z have. thats the way to go, ...............

Don't know about that.... Find youself involved in an accident and where do you stand with insurance and the law regardless of the cause of accident. From my background it's all about ar$e covering yourself. :)

Phat999
29-03-2009, 07:27 AM
i used to work at a car dealership (in sales) and for street legal (brand of tint) in the darkest legal tint the lowest price a dealer could do it for was $199 (cost of tint and installation to dealer) so any more than that and it's most probably just going in whoever is doing it's pocket.
But thats in QLD prices could vary down south as everything else seems expensive down there.