PDA

View Full Version : Cracking noise from windscreen left side A pillar on dc2r.

davemaca
26-10-2004, 07:16 PM
I've had this really bad cracking noise from the left hand side A-Piller in my dc2r. I've heard it before, but in the last week it has got really bad. It is very frustrating. From what I can work out it is worse in cold weather, but even today, when it was quite warm it was doing it again. It is most pronounced on bumpy sidestreets etc. I have searched a few forums and it appears to be common on some hondas and it relates to the windscreen, but I have been unable to find a 'fix'. Help, if it keeps doing these i'm selling up. Its driving me fkn nuts. Car has 61k's.

nipnip
26-10-2004, 11:27 PM
grab a friend, let him sit in the passenger side and get him to put his ear on the dash to tell you where its coming from. then try to fix it. if worst comes to worst, bring it to honda or a mechanic etc

if you sell your R, the next owner wont b too happy either

majic777
27-10-2004, 10:24 AM
my car does that too!! (old LS) creaking sound coming from that area when you go over bumps in cold weather... doesn't do it at all in warm weather tho.. if you end up fixing it... lemme know!

i've heard of some ppl spraying silicone spray down the back of the dash and up from underneath... cured it...

maling
28-10-2004, 11:27 AM
same here, my R is starting to creak around the windscreen area.

nothing to worry about until it gets really loud.

monstaR
28-10-2004, 11:47 AM
What kind of suspension set up are you running on? I know that if you run a setup thats too stiff it lossens alot of stuff on the body of the car over the years.... anyway my fren had a creaking sound coming from his R's passenger side power window cos he is running a pretty stiff set up... ;)

linkorr
28-10-2004, 12:07 PM
i get a sound like that coming from my rhs A pillar when I'm turning.. sounds like just the dash slighty loose. But you've gotta strain to hear it.

magic 777 - can you give us more details on the silicon spray fix?

steve_civic
30-10-2004, 01:53 PM
yeah usually with stiff setup the chasis rigidity can come down over the years. My brothers dc2r hasnt started making the sound yet..but it sounds like the windscreen seals. I bet this happens alot when u go up driveways. My civic makes that noise too...its just chasis flex...nothing u can do about unless u put a cage hahah

majic777
30-10-2004, 02:15 PM
magic 777 - can you give us more details on the silicon spray fix?

umm was talkin to a guy with a dc2r and said his passenger side dash area was makin creaking sounds, so he said he sprayed silicone spray all down the back of it, near the windscreen air vents i guess.. and stopped the noise...

davemaca
30-10-2004, 07:39 PM
I've tried silicon spray, where exactly are the windscreen vents?