PDA

View Full Version : strange click under slow braking dc2

morgs202
25-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Hey all, i've noticed in the last few weeks that when breaking at slow speeds (30k's and under) that theres an odd double click that sounds like its coming from the back end of the car. Never seems to happen at higher speeds and somtimes doesn't happen at low speed either. Any ideas?

P.s , I did do a search for this but couldn't find anything particularly helpful

myztery
25-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey all, i've noticed in the last few weeks that when breaking at slow speeds (30k's and under) that theres an odd double click that sounds like its coming from the back end of the car. Never seems to happen at higher speeds and somtimes doesn't happen at low speed either. Any ideas?

P.s , I did do a search for this but couldn't find anything particularly helpful

check your sus, usually when you hear that,it only happens at low speed cos you give the sus more time to travel, that is why you dont hear it at high speeds cos there is not enough travel time for the sus to go up then down...

make sure all the bolts from the sway bar, rear control arm and shock assembly is tight.
For me is was my shock assembly that had play in it...

hope this helps...

OMG.JAI xD
25-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Your trailing arm bushes are gone mate.
Check it.
Look at your rear discs. It sits on a piece of beam or large bar you can say. Follow that up looking towards the front of the car and youll see a circular object with 2 points sticking out with xxmm bolts (cant remember on the top of my head). and you found your trailing arm bush.
Its common for them to let go after a while. Theres alot of load on those bushes.

$500ish job from a honda dealer.

myztery
25-03-2009, 09:24 PM
$500ish job from a honda dealer.[/QUOTE]

or 120 from a good garage

morgs202
27-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanx heaps for the response guys, will get it sorted.

bennjamin
30-03-2009, 09:10 PM
could also be your rear calipers / pistons touching the brake pads themselves.

If the brake pads are worn down or there is no shim on the pad , the pad can stick and "click" when the piston moves in and repositions the pad for braking. Just a thought.