PDA

View Full Version : It's time to buy some tires for my Accord 96 vti

Crescendo
25-03-2009, 08:18 PM
ok, it's that time of the year again where the tyre/wheel retailers start advertising "Holiday Sales" in the lead up to the Easter Break.

Funny enough, i need to get some tires for the Accord. At the moment, my car has 3 different brands (2 x Ceat, 1 x Dunlop & 1 x Goodyear) - i've got pics, but they're not uploading.
Not much treads left on these tyres and i've had the car since 2003.

Flipping through tonights junk mail, i came across the Bridgestone catalog and saw the Potenza RE001 Adrenalins advertised for $142 bucks.
Not bad considering most other brands charge similar pricing for 195/60R 15 88V.

Any thoughts on reputable retailers or places to visit (Melbourne only)?
What about buying used/2nd hand - being told to pay a visit to some place at Newlands Road, Reservoir??

Looking at buying a set a 4 tyres. Budget, around $200 -$500 fitted etc..

SC.

JohnL
26-03-2009, 06:04 AM
I think you'll find that the RE001 Adrenalin doesn't come in a 195/60/15 size. By far the best tyre I've yet found in this size is the BF Goodrich g-Force Sport. I bought mine for about $150ish each.

Nearly all tyres in this size have very flexible (single ply) sidewalls that give poor steering and handling response (and a softer ride), the g-Force Sport has much stiffer dual ply sidewalls, which is probably the main reason why they are a more responsive tyre. They also have pretty good grip in both wet and dry conditions.