PDA

View Full Version : what odyssey discs????????

quadrio
25-03-2009, 11:49 PM
hi what aftermarket discs are everyone using, my odc is starting to get some brake shudder and i cant be bothered taking it back for warranty. i wouldnt mind some slotted rotors, also where are you purchasing them from????????

evolution
26-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Mate I thought you disappeared...

I would recommend Mugen rotors and Mugen brake pads, only cos they where designed for the car. I've tried looking for slotted rear rotors before from DBA and RDA, but they don't seem to stock it for our model.

I think you you can get them from the sellers on ozhonda, not sure of the price though, last I asked about a year ago, it was abt $550 for rear mugen rotors delivered to Perth.

Read a review in another forum that it improves the braking quite a bit.

AusAccord
26-03-2009, 09:03 AM
i'm sure DBA has drilled/slotted disk (DBA 4000 series) for our Odyssey as people in China ordered and installed without any issue. only problem is DBA has different model number for oversea market. i shall look into it later as also searching for a set to match with my Dixel pad.

Yes Mugen has them but costly, alternatively is Dixel slotted rotor (fm Japan) but also costly due the strong Japanese Yen. cheapeest should be DBA if we can find the exact dimensions of our stock rotor to match with the DBA domestic catalog. believe the model for S2k is the same dimension as our stockies but need verification. can anyone help?? you can forget abt RDA as nothing available for us.