PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Puzzled

SuiJin
26-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Alright here the problem:
1. Slight Power Lag
2. White Smoke when accelerating fairly hard. (Surge of Smoke) which ceases.
3. Revs Bounces on the Meter
4. Slight Backfire when Smoke Surge
5. Fuel Pump Replaced. Fuel Filter Replaced. Spark Plugs Replaced. Timing Belt Replaced. Tensioner Replaced.

geeang
26-03-2009, 03:36 PM
White smoke usually means you're burning coolant.
White smoke with a blue tinge will indicate that you're burning fuel.

Revs Bounces on the Meter, what do you mean by this? Are you saying the revs bounce when you hit redline or what?

Type S Tony
26-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Check that you havent overfilled the car with to much engine oil as this can cause the above problems at times. although this could also be early signs of bigger problems such as burnt out rings, head gasket maybe even a bent valve.
Best bet is to take it to someone reputable to have it checked out properly becuase unless someone actually sees the car its very hard to make a proper diagnosis over the internet based on descriptions, especially for the problems that your talking about.

mikeey
26-03-2009, 03:53 PM
3. Revs Bounces on the Meter

clean your Idle control valve had the same problem on previous eg.

SuiJin
26-03-2009, 03:56 PM
At times on start the revs will bounce and shut the engine down.
I'm not losing coolant. so its not head gasket.

my own assumption is that the timing belt goes hot then the tensioner slips the timing belt.

mikeey
26-03-2009, 10:12 PM
its the idle control valve. had the same problem... search in the D.I.Y forum
benjamin did a write up.

SuiJin
27-03-2009, 06:16 AM
Weird to be the IVAC considering it rev bounce whilst driving, without pushing on the accelerator. and at times while it idles it will stall. (but i guess the stall only occurs after i've been pushing it which fluctuates the revs and cause it to bounce on the meter).

ps. about mechanics i'm considering it, but not quite baller.

SuiJin
27-03-2009, 09:51 AM
It threw a code. code 43. fuel. hmm i thought as much. but where to start.

SuiJin
27-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm going to replace my main relay which i think i fried, then swap my coils and icm from my old engine, and hope for the best. clean my iacv and then see how she goes. weird my fuel pressure is odd when i pop open the fuel tank, it doesnt seem to have that gas purge is it because i'm using walbro fuel pump?

beeza
27-03-2009, 02:52 PM
May aswell clean ya IACV while your at it,can only makes things better,not worse.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4693&highlight=IACV+cleaning

VTECMACHINE
27-03-2009, 03:03 PM
White smoke = Coolant
Black smoke = Fuel - running rich
Blue Smoke = Oil

SuiJin
27-03-2009, 03:06 PM
The smoking has become less,
its not coolant as said before, my fuel is running abit rich oil. mayb. rear main might b on its way out.

but it doesnt explain the other faults.

VTECMACHINE
27-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Blown/leaking head gasket perhaps?

IZY-10
28-03-2009, 02:30 PM
is the coolant still nice and clean not milky?Its not your iacv as it only affects your idle,
have you checked the timming? are your leads relativly new? pull your spark plugs out give them a clean if you haven't already.

SuiJin
28-03-2009, 02:41 PM
new plugs bro, my coolant is bright green lol, gonna swap the coils and button and cap.

SuiJin
29-03-2009, 09:43 PM
fixed. now ive got power lag lol.