PDA

View Full Version : HID kit not allowed

paps02
28-03-2009, 09:43 AM
On my aftermarket halo projector headlights there is a sticker that says "caution hid bulb not allowed"..

could this be because of the temperature of the hid's?? does anyone know if hid bulbs are alot hotter when turned on??

Mugen Civic
28-03-2009, 09:46 AM
No they are not hotter. Normal HID's are usually 35W under normal operation, when igniting its more but not for that long. As a normal car halogen bulb is around 55-60W.

paps02
28-03-2009, 09:53 AM
yer i shouldnt have made this thread. i asked lyle and what it means is that no hid bulb. so you cant run a high wattage lamp, somtimes refered to as a hid bulb. but the hid kit with the special bulbs etc is fine.

mods to delete/close thread please

CRXDEL501
28-03-2009, 11:36 AM
indeed.

Bludger
28-03-2009, 01:19 PM
No they are not hotter. Normal HID's are usually 35W under normal operation, when igniting its more but not for that long. As a normal car halogen bulb is around 55-60W.wattage is electricity draw, nothing to do with temperature.

Mugen Civic
28-03-2009, 09:27 PM
wattage is electricity draw, nothing to do with temperature.

yea thats right, but it is a side effect of a bulb. The electricity is used to make the filament of a ordinary bulb to light up, but also the electricity is wasted through heat.

e.g. 100W bulb is hotter than a 50W bulb.

Bludger
28-03-2009, 09:35 PM
yea thats right, but it is a side effect of a bulb. The electricity is used to make the filament of a ordinary bulb to light up, but also the electricity is wasted through heat.

e.g. 100W bulb is hotter than a 50W bulb.
IMO, its not always the case with more wattage creating a higher temperature globe.
Just the way you explained it was that Wattage was a heat rating.....LOL

Why do you think....... HID globe is not allowed.

Everyone else, what does everyone think, why is there a sticker saying HID globe not allowed???

I think they just have the sticker there to be cautious