PDA

View Full Version : RBC intake manifold

jyh888
28-03-2009, 10:54 PM
hi just wanted to know more about the RBC, firstly how much does it cost and where can it be sourced? would jdmyard stock it? and what sort of gains are expected from it? would you need to have exhaust manifold and catback to have full potential from it? Does it increase power over the whole rev range or only top end/low end? please give me some more insights into the rbc, considering it since its becoming a popular mod, and for those who have it, is it worth it?? thanks

xxb4xx
28-03-2009, 11:27 PM
is this a hi-flow manifold?

Most you'll get on a naturally aspirated 4 banger is 1 or 3 kw's from all mods..

I've never personally been a believer of modding 4cyl cars unless it's turbo..

CAI I take would be a good mod for these engines

aaronng
28-03-2009, 11:38 PM
have you searched?

MangChi
29-03-2009, 01:27 AM
should check out integral's thread
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107235
he has an rbc has a bit of info/feedback from it in there. and a quick search of the trader's and you'll see if that jdmyard do stock it. just scroll down a little bit
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53683

the search function is your friend mate

if im not mistaken suntzu also has one so shoot a few pm's to him and he can help you out with some info too i suppose

yfin
29-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Most you'll get on a naturally aspirated 4 banger is 1 or 3 kw's from all mods..

you need to take a look at more threads in this forum. Some Euros have a 40% increase and still n/a.

xxb4xx
29-03-2009, 08:05 AM
you need to take a look at more threads in this forum. Some Euros have a 40% increase and still n/a.

hmmm,

If thus is true I'll start digging around, but keep in mind that engine swaps and stroking aren't classified as simple mods :p

EuroAccord13
29-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Here's a comprehensive rundown of the RBC testing that was done on my car;

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84361

And;

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1904761#post1904761

Paul1985
29-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Regarding cost, i got mine from the USA.
It was $180 USD, then add shipping on that and the poor currency rate.

I think i paid about $300 - $350 AUD total off memory.

EDIT: Thats brand new. You may find used cheaper.

BusterSonic12
29-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Regarding cost, i got mine from the USA.
It was $180 USD, then add shipping on that and the poor currency rate.

I think i paid about $300 - $350 AUD total off memory.

EDIT: Thats brand new. You may find used cheaper.

did u get it through ebay or something?

aaronng
29-03-2009, 10:24 AM
hmmm,

If thus is true I'll start digging around, but keep in mind that engine swaps and stroking aren't classified as simple mods :p

no swaps and no stroking. Was still 2.4L.

yfin
29-03-2009, 11:20 AM
hmmm,

Same car - same dyno. Gray bottom lines are stock.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1665/fdynowebjk8.jpg

jyh888
29-03-2009, 11:49 AM
alright thanks guys, ill search around, that should give me some stuff to read about

jyh888
29-03-2009, 11:50 AM
man didnt kno u can have 40% increase on the euro....thats not bad at all, how much money do u need to spend to get such a gain lol

Paul1985
29-03-2009, 12:57 PM
did u get it through ebay or something?

www.karcepts.com.au

you can also check his stuff out on www.k20a.org
Karcepts is his user name. His a great guy. Always goes out of his way to help out.

If you do want one, you can PM him and im sure he would have some for available for sale. There are also other sellers of this product around on k20a.org

JDMYard may have them also locally.

Crapdaz
29-03-2009, 01:00 PM
rbc from jdmyard will be around $550.

bentusi123
04-04-2009, 12:42 PM
i have RBC on my car.
but i dont feel much different.
and for the RBC its cost me 500+
i have injen as well. so right now, i dont know why im doing this in the first place.
cuz for the same money i spend, i could get lots of power for a turbo car.

Crapdaz
04-04-2009, 12:50 PM
i have RBC on my car.
but i dont feel much different.
and for the RBC its cost me 500+
i have injen as well. so right now, i dont know why im doing this in the first place.
cuz for the same money i spend, i could get lots of power for a turbo car.
simple answer - don't do it and just buy an evo

bentusi123
04-04-2009, 01:13 PM
simple answer - don't do it and just buy an evo
thats what im going to do. save money and buy a evo.

Darkii_
04-04-2009, 07:04 PM
lol i'll take your rbc =) evo is a totally different class to the euro but lol, depends what you want man

racerwannabe
15-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Sorry to bump this thread but i'm thinking about getting the RBC manifold. I would like to get opinions from those who have installed it and have had it for a while. Is it worth it? I've done most of the other mods re IHE and now i want to tinker with something new :)

snYpz
15-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Sorry to bump this thread but i'm thinking about getting the RBC manifold. I would like to get opinions from those who have installed it and have had it for a while. Is it worth it? I've done most of the other mods re IHE and now i want to tinker with something new :)

I have thought about going RBC with my setup. I also have I/H/E and few other bolt-ons. I wouldnt go RBC purely because we tend to lose mid-range torque, the gains of the RBC over our RBB is mainly in the higher rpms, which isnt very practical for a daily driven car. Also search for the RRC intake manifold as that is something between the RBC and RBB i think. Search for a thread started by euroaccord13, he did a review and comparison of the RBC and RBB on his cl9.

If you want something new, look for an ecu tune to max out the gains with your current setup ;)

SMI-33K
16-09-2010, 11:27 AM
i got an rbc on dc5r you will find the power gain down low and a lot deeper vtec kick you should get one its a cheap mod and easy to fit

BusterSonic12
17-09-2010, 09:26 AM
i also had this on my dc5R and didn't notice any lost down low at all and you would feel the gain starting to hit hard around 4000rpm.

you should consider which ecu option you will take first. if you decided to go with dual setup with kpro then get the RBC. cheap and good gain. if you want to go for cheap upgrade option, go get yourself an emanage ultimate or a little further could be ultimate + v manage. then spend the spare coin on else where.

SMI-33K
17-09-2010, 10:12 AM
get rbc off ebay from the states it comes alredy cut with the adaptor plate all you have to do i drill out the wholes on the fuel rail by about 2mm and should bolt straight on its around the $400 mark

and use the injen cold air intake you cant go wrong

BusterSonic12
17-09-2010, 10:24 AM
get rbc off ebay from the states it comes alredy cut with the adaptor plate all you have to do i drill out the wholes on the fuel rail by about 2mm and should bolt straight on its around the $400 mark

i didn't need to drill mine for the fuel rail, it was perfect fit. but not too sure for euro but they should be direct bolts.

SMI-33K
17-09-2010, 10:36 AM
i didn't need to drill mine for the fuel rail, it was perfect fit. but not too sure for euro but they should be direct bolts.

i had to drill out the wholes where the rail mounts to the manifold

integral90
21-09-2010, 02:44 AM

The Euro doesn't need to be cut - it's a direct bolt on. Also, the Injen intake probably won't fit unless it's designed for the CL7R.

racerwannabe; as I've said a few times. RBC manifold is only really worth it if you're doing (at the minimum) a stand-alone tune and increasing to a 50VTC gear. The gains will increase even more with an RBC if you do cams/valvetrain and increase the rev limit. If you don't plan on doing these larger mods, then just get a bigger throttle body and bore out the RBB - you'll still see really nice gains.

If you do decide to buy the RBC, let me know because I'm selling a custom intake pipe for an RBC-equipped Euro :wave: