PDA

View Full Version : us audio gear

will13
30-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi all, I bought some US audio speakers (4 x6") not long ago, havnt had them installed yet, and some tweeters too.

I have had one set of 6" in my previous car and they sounded ok.

Just wondering what peoples opinions and experiences are on the brand?

--drew--
30-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Well you must have been on a real budget as US Audio gear is not really regarded as good.

I have herd one of there subs playing at autobahn ad its sounds so muddy and distorted.

In my opinion the Jaycar speakers are better than the US Audio gear.

gach2
30-03-2009, 03:08 PM
agreed with ^
some of their previous gear have been ok
but in some of their newer gear are pretty poor
from memory bezerk is by us audio which are in same range
as boss audio etc

will13
30-03-2009, 04:39 PM
ah ok. im not after awesomely high quality, just value for money, and if i can hear it without sounding distorted, and i paid less than $50 a pair, then i think ive achieved that lol

my sub is a 12" pioneer 800w and it goes hard as always, I'll get back to this thread once i've had everything installed...i guess then i'll know if it was worth the money!

gach2
30-03-2009, 05:37 PM
end of the day
the only persons opinion that matters is yours
as your the one listening to it
so if your happy all good

qikteg
05-04-2009, 07:15 PM
US Audio used to make some good quality stuff (back when they had their purple amps and competition series stuff).

i'm sure you'll be able to hear it. it won't sound distorted at lower levels. might be a different story if/when you crank it

trism
05-04-2009, 08:12 PM
US audio is budget gear for when you just want some sound, or something to replace the stock speakerrs

other than that, id steer clear of it

12mod
16-04-2009, 10:15 AM
if your chasing value for money then always try to look for your american brands not brands that are badged us audio because it is just cheap junk orion for instance is an american brand who have got some very well priced entry level gear (the cobalt range).
can pick up a set of 6.5" splits for under $150 the coaxials are really cheap for how well they go and there subs are very cheap and efficient the only thing is with amps you need to pay a bit more if you want real good quality though for what you are after the cobalt amps will be fine also a very good price point

will13
16-04-2009, 06:31 PM
ok well, i had it all wired up today and it sounds reasonably good ALTHOUGH, i need to run the speakers off another amp coz the bass is kinda drowning them out :(

otherwise im happy!

12mod
16-04-2009, 07:51 PM
good stuff the point of building the system is your happy with it good luck with it all