PDA

View Full Version : Headlight on Warning - 2003 CR-V

intruder
30-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi all,

New to the forum as have just picked up a 2003 CR-V Sport. Has one minor issue with it, which I've tried searching on but haven't come up with any hits as yet.

The car doesn't seem to have any warning beeps or whatever the CR-V does when you leave the headlights on. Does the gen 2 VR-V actually do this (I'm assuming it would)?

Car didn't come with its owners manual, so don't have any info on fuses and what not that may be the cause of the problem, so if anyone knows which fuse looks after this I'd appreciate the advise. Had a look at the fuse lid, haven't seen anything that stands out as the fuse that would run this item, but there are a few fueses there that only have a picture referring back to the manual.

Otherwise I might be doing a bit of dashboard dismantling to find a wiring issue I'm assuming.

Apart from am enjoying the car, only has 28,300Km's on it, so it's seen bugger all driving for its age.

Cheers,

Andrew

Pogi
31-03-2009, 11:02 AM
I have an '04 Sport, and it doesn't have warning beeps either, bought it brand new back then.

My old '03 Jazz never had it either, but my '01 Camry does.

Guess its not a Honda thing for certain models.

intruder
31-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Does have have the headlight on warning, worked out my interior light wasn't coming on when I had the driver door opened. Hadn't noticed this as the light comes on anyway when you unlock the car with the central locking remote.

Anyway, had a look at the swith in the door area that works that, took it out and gave it a clean with contact/circuit board cleaner. Working now and warning beep happening when lights left on and door is open. So all good.

Thought it might do it if the keys were left in the ignition as well but doesn't.

Also, doesn't do it if the foglights are left on, only the headlights, but I don't use the foggies too much anyway.

Might be worth having a look at your door switch, if an 03 sport gives the lights on warning you'd assume an 04 would as well.

Cheers,

Andrew