PDA

View Full Version : crv motor specs

he-tec
30-03-2009, 02:01 PM
did a search on crv engine specs, couldnt find anything.
Anyways, a mate just bought a civic with a crv motor in it. Pretty sure its non vtec. not sure what year model.
Did the crv motors come in vtec?
And are the non vtec crv engines any good..?
what can be done to improve its performance? Its auto btw.. and probably doing a manual conversion in future.

JDM-EGG
30-03-2009, 02:08 PM
CRV's comes in both non vtec and vtec, depending what year model ..

but your friends one is problay a b20 non vtec , twin cam engine which is 2litres.
there as good as any other honda engine mate.. esp they are designed for a CRV mate.

mods you can do are the basic ones like exhaust , intake and headers.. and you could feel abit of gains and throttle response for sure mate.

and it would be hella a difference if it was manual but yea.

goodluck with the car mate.

EK1.6LCIV
30-03-2009, 02:29 PM
def a non-vtec model b20 engine, good engine

basic intake and exhaust will keep him happy amongst a manual swap

my mates civic with that setup flys along well :D

power in cubic inches :D

he-tec
30-03-2009, 08:52 PM
thanks for the info guys.

how would they compare to a b16a or d16y engine conversion stock for stock?

keeping the b20 non vtec.

EK1.6LCIV
31-03-2009, 08:25 AM
depends who's driving ethier car

but the b20 would be alot better on the hwy being a 2L that's forsure (prob sit around 2500-2600RPM?)

Johnn_Q
31-03-2009, 05:05 PM
yeah man keep the b20 aye, also man if your cahing the b20 into manual, youd rather buy buy a b20 manual instead of converting it from auto to manual.. jsut chuck on a b20 vtechead.

JDM-EGG
31-03-2009, 05:15 PM
yeah man keep the b20 aye, also man if your cahing the b20 into manual, youd rather buy buy a b20 manual instead of converting it from auto to manual.. jsut chuck on a b20 vtechead.

haha the fobby lads , anyways .. its cheaper if he just gets the gearbox , shift linktages and etc then rather changing a whole new engine ? LOL

and also there is no b20 vtec head .. u mean a b20 vtec which u need alot of work done like a b16head and etc.

stick with the engine its really good IMO , cause i got a d16a8 which is a 1.6litre twim cam non vtec and it keeps up with alot of cars with the general I/H/E.

cheers :)