PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Honda Accord

LesM1976
02-04-2009, 12:36 AM
My wife has a 1991 Honda Accord EXI which was bought from my mother so its a perfect first car. We have had perfect motoring since we bought the car up until the last 3 months. We did the timing belt, cv shafts, radiator adjusted the tappets and recently done the fuel pump. Well what do we expect of a car of its age. No probs for over 12 months until now ... not too bad i think. A great little car & a pleasure to drive. Technology & reliability wise it craps all over my BA Fairmont.

We had the windscreen replaced bout 12 months ago after some idiot decided to throw a rock threw it whilst we were driving on the freeway and the stripping around the windscreen is damaged 1/2 of its missing as a result of poor re installation as she was driving and it snapped off.

Just wondering if there are any wreckers that have the front outer windscreen metal stripping available and how much. We are in Melbourne. Any help would be muchly appreciated. i have put some tape around the windscreen but have noticed that a couple of the inner clips are damaged as a result of the stripping flying off.

The wife loves her little car and just wants it to look normal. Plus Honda told me that i can access the fuel pump by removing the rear seat, did that but only found the fuel sender unit no pump its on the other side. Drained the fuel tank, installed the new pump now no probs i hope. What a night mare of a job.

Hopefully someone could help me with the windscreen outer stripping.

Kind regards

Les

95civic
02-04-2009, 12:46 AM
I think i might be going down to centre rd wreckers tomorrow morning I will have a look and let you know!

LesM1976
02-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Cool no probs thanks for that mate much appreciated

Eclipsor
02-04-2009, 09:46 AM
You get a price off Honda? Sometimes (not very often) they surprise you with a reasonable price on parts. Might be a bit tricky getting one off a wreck without damaging it or the clips. Good luck.

FAT VTI
05-04-2009, 12:15 PM
You get a price off Honda? Sometimes (not very often) they surprise you with a reasonable price on parts. Might be a bit tricky getting one off a wreck without damaging it or the clips. Good luck.

WOW, never had this happen to me.