PDA

View Full Version : VTi-R exhaust

joe.teg
02-04-2009, 08:13 PM
hey guys

i am thinking about putting an exhaust on my 95 VTi-R.
im thinking of just changing the muffler and tip to get a louder sound as a mate of mine recommded this after doing the same to his EK VTi-R.
I currently am running an injen CAI and will be installing a hondata ecu in the near future

Wat are your reccomendations

Thanks heaps

gach2
02-04-2009, 10:56 PM
2.5 inch mandrel bent exhuast (exhuast shop quality) with high flow cat and jdm type r 4-1 headers
would be best gains for dollar
would be best to do this before going towards hondata ecu

just getting a new muffler wouldnt really do much other than increase noise (nothing much performance wise though some mufflers will have some very minimal gains)

zropts
03-04-2009, 12:29 PM
hmm, obviously with Injen and Hondata, means you have a little money to spend... might as well do the package up properly. IMO, a little noise & gain (go fujitsubo catback), then a decent header and cat and you're on your way to nice gains from a VTIR...

Bludger
04-04-2009, 06:19 AM
did you search?

joe.teg
05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
haha
thats for the replies guys
im not after the gains atm just the noise until i get my money sorted.
What i get my money sorted it will be a 4-2-1 headers, 2.25 inch mandrel bent cat back with a high flow cat and the cannon

No i did not search and sorry to be an asshole but if you have nothing good to say dont reply

Bludger
05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
haha
thats for the replies guys
im not after the gains atm just the noise until i get my money sorted.
What i get my money sorted it will be a 4-2-1 headers, 2.25 inch mandrel bent cat back with a high flow cat and the cannon

No i did not search and sorry to be an asshole but if you have nothing good to say dont replyFYI I was only politely asking if you had searched or not. No need to be a complete dick about it. You have a really bad attitude for being a newcomer on here. What i asked was good & completely valid because if you haven't searched, then please do so.

look mate, we have too many stupid threads like this one cluttering up this forum.

The same questions asked and answered 2000 times already.

I'm not sorry to be an asshole but if you haven't put an extremely good effort into searching for answers for a very common question thats been asked many times before then don't post a thread.

95civic
05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
FYI I was only politely asking if you had searched or not. No need to be a complete dick about it. You have a really bad attitude for being a newcomer on here. What i asked was good & completely valid because if you haven't searched, then please do so.

look mate, we have too many stupid threads like this one cluttering up this forum.

The same questions asked and answered 2000 times already.

I'm not sorry to be an asshole but if you haven't put an extremely good effort into searching for answers for a very common question thats been asked many times before then don't post a thread.

BAM!!! TAKE THAT JOe.TEG!! lol

Kiki
05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
whats the point in noise and wasting your money on crappy mods like that if your going to sort out your money and buy REAL performance parts later??

95civic
05-04-2009, 07:13 PM
if your going for sound drill a hole or holes in the bottom of your muffler... cheap cheap

SHOGUNOVDDRK
05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
if your going for sound drill a hole or holes in the bottom of your muffler... cheap cheap
hahahaha.
Ill remember to do that rofl

SiReal
05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
seriously, dont bother with the louder sound. you'll only be a crime to the police, to honda, to ozhonda and to everybody around you who thinks you're a hoon.

go get something which has high flow and is silent, twinloop for example.

and please search before you post. we dont say it for the sake of saying it, we say it because u'll most often find your answers in the results.

F.O.B Squad
05-04-2009, 08:46 PM
As said in earlier posts, when getting an exhaust you may as well get it right the first time. And spend your money wisely especially if you have a tight budget.
I'd suggest you go to a local or a reknowned exhaust garage and inquire about a full exhaust from headers back not point just cat back. So headers, high flow cat possibley and exhaust from cat.
From cat back you dont need to necessarily have a cannon type muffler to achieve a loud effect.
Make sure its a mandrel bent type too. With just getting a cat back or even axle back a lot of the time it looks s**t house cos its got that gay downward dipping look and looks real tacky and cheap. So avoid that IMO.
But if you got extra dosh try getting a good aftermarket exhaust cat back in this case as it would cost quite abit compared to a customed made full exhaust, which is all made up and ready to install.

Bludger
05-04-2009, 08:57 PM
If you're in Sydney and all you're after is noise then I have an axle back muffler.

basically its a muffler & bolts onto the rear of the B pipe. So that means it starts from the rear wheels back to the tip.

Very loud on my Teg.

pm me if you're interested,

MikeyG
05-04-2009, 11:14 PM
if u want noise joe.teg take your whole exhasut system without headers and run your car open headers now thats INSTANT 50kw gain also massive sound since your from bankstown and joe sounds like an ethnic name coming from bankstown so yes dont use any exhaust system might aswell sell it and get that ecu and tune your car with out headers and exhaust another 100kw gain also put mesh near the holes since dirt may get into your car.

i did this to my ek1 cxi now my car is ripping dc2r,ek4 and r32 gtr skylines just cant beat charades atm dunno why

tell me how it goes

joe.teg
06-04-2009, 09:29 AM
haha mikey im italian lol

yeah i was thinking bout doing just the ecu and the tune but id like an exhaust to complement that.
I might talk to the local exhuast shop since my dad is in the trade.
Should i leave the headers alone and just get them from the headers back which sounds like a good idea.
Thanks for all the help guys
and sorry for being an asshole before :(

joe.teg
08-04-2009, 01:04 PM
hey guys
after thinking bout a complete system
ive decided to do 4-2-1 headers with a 2.25" cat back and a cannon tip.
how does this sound

F.O.B Squad
08-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Get a hi flow cat also. As for the cannon dont get a massive one.

zropts
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
i previously had an xforce with the same setup... really loud and got done from EPA... loss in power... but when VTEC kicked in, sounded extreme...

really up to you on how you do this... no objection... some ppls want noise and some want power... different ppls different taste... :D

joe.teg
08-04-2009, 01:31 PM
well
i was after more power and a niice sound
what is the best compromise with the two

zropts
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM
imo... you are looking at a combination of parts to get through what you want with your 4-2-1 headers, I would personally go mugen or xforce twin loop exhaust (half gain & half noisey on VTEC), any b-pipe as long as it doesn't exceed 2.5" (mandrel bent or custom - up to you) and any hi flow cat or ITR cat. This is a start. Then down the track if you want to replace parts, only then you will experience the difference between yours and other branded items... The idea for good gains is to have all exhaust parts to be have a smooth exhaust flowing through ...

This setup is medium costly which makes your car more responsive throughout the REV range. You will notice straight away the difference but after when you have this tuned, you'll be impressed... :D

Ericx
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Just do something crazy and pay all out on a Fujitsubo exhaust like i did (with a high flow cat too). Never looked back. Money best spent lol.

joe.teg
08-04-2009, 02:34 PM
hmm sounds good
how about a skunk2 60mm cat back with standar headers?
im just scared about loosing power lol.
a mate of mine had a k20 and had a 2.25" exhaust on it and he gained power but diff motor diff specs haha

F.O.B Squad
08-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah skunk2 are good to go with if you want some noise. If anything if your budget is tight get an aftermarket axle back and then work with a custom exhaust from headers to the axle.

joe.teg
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
yeah i can get a skunk2 cat back for $655.
how are they on power... do you gain or lose anything?
has anyone heard a skunk2 catback on a vti-r

F.O.B Squad
08-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Ask Dean aka onlykillz he had one on his gsi and now dc2r.

90LAN
08-04-2009, 05:00 PM
jdm4-1 headers 400
jdm cat 150

you just want b pipe to be 2.25
the u can just go jdm b pipe exactly what u are after 200

and get what muffler you want fitted to the b pipe

evrything will bolt up

tekung89
08-04-2009, 06:23 PM
jus save ur money for now. keep it oem until something good passes u by, there is definately no need for jus a cannon, ur car will only fart louder for the cops to hear.

joe.teg
08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
hahaha na not duin the tip
im dead set about a skunk2 60mm cat back with a 110mm tip