PDA

View Full Version : mod ideas

sarantosser
02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
ok so ive decided to take my mods in a different direction, as i realised i dont have much to gain in power on my ek1.

so.. i want to focus on suspension handling
i have a relatively low budget, say 300 bucks or less. so is there anything i can do with that?

i was thinking a swaybar? is that possible? and what kidn would i need for my car? i did a dearch and found a vti r hatch swaybar is required?

how would i go about getting one?

cheers guys

Dash
03-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Any retail store will be able to supply you with what you want..
just give them your car details...

Super Cheaps Auto do whiteline stuff...

Have a look around..maybe on the whiteline website and try and get a Product code makes it easy to find....

Centurius
03-04-2009, 12:36 PM
rear sway will make most noticable difference on such a small budget... whiteline is fine :)
or add that 300 to your budget next time you buy tyres.

MikeyG
03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
if u got good handling,

get a ek9 sway bar and if u got abit more money get a ASR subframe that will improve the handling of the car and if u much better handling a front ek9 sway bar kit would do that also.

and once you have saved up coilovers or even KYB shock and king springs low or super low

EK1.6LCIV
03-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd just get the oem em1/ek4 sway bar

you'll need to order in these brackets in my DIY thread, the diff in handling afterwards was astounding :D

EK9 shiz is over kill, lol

this DIY I made will work for your car as well asuming the lcas have the hole in them :D

enjoy, best money you'll ever spend :D

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101739

sarantosser
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
sweet cheers guys, i think i might go for some whiteline products as itll be easiest to shop through a retailer rather than hunting around for myself, being a uni student i dont have alot of time on my hands hahaa

so what gains can i expect if i got a whiteline swaybar?

Bludger
04-04-2009, 06:32 AM
if u got good handling,
Don't you mean "if you want good handling"

get a ek9 sway bar and if u got abit more money get a ASR subframe that will improve the handling How is an ASR brace going to improve handling???? please explain this with your knowledge MikeyG
of the car and if u much better handling If you much better handling? doesn't make sense.
a front ek9 sway bar kit would do that also.

and once you have saved up coilovers or even KYB shock and king springs low or super lowMikey, you have to be more clear on your posts.

it just confuses people more.

if not, then don't post useless shit

thanks

Bludger
04-04-2009, 06:35 AM
sweet cheers guys, i think i might go for some whiteline products as itll be easiest to shop through a retailer rather than hunting around for myself, being a uni student i dont have alot of time on my hands hahaa

so what gains can i expect if i got a whiteline swaybar?Depends on how big a size upgrade you're doing.

But a larger rear sway bar will minimize body roll and understeer.

redefine
04-04-2009, 01:58 PM
if u got good handling,

get a ek9 sway bar and if u got abit more money get a ASR subframe that will improve the handling of the car and if u much better handling a front ek9 sway bar kit would do that also.

and once you have saved up coilovers or even KYB shock and king springs low or super low

:thumbdwn:
dude, ek9+asr kit is like double his budget.

go for the ek4 rear bar, or the vtir teg one.

maybe even just some sport springs

sarantosser
06-04-2009, 08:45 AM
hmm okay awesome, so ill take a look at some ek4 swaybars.

also sport springs seem interesting, they reduce the bounciness in the car when you go over bumps and stuff yeah? ahaha sounding like a massive noob. can i just get any car wheel/handling person to put these in? not too familiar with anyone who can get me any. cheers again

saikou27
13-04-2009, 10:58 PM
i think the whiteline swaybar/bracing combo is within your budget. go for that. its an adjustable bar with a bracing kit aswell.

MikeyG
14-04-2009, 12:09 AM
soz didnt see his budget thingy just looked over and saw he wanted improvements on handling and thanks bau you make my life so much better when you correct me dude! cheers