PDA

View Full Version : my DC5R does not have under engine cover and....

detasemen88
03-04-2009, 02:00 AM
just notice today that my DC5 R does not have under engine (undercarriage) plastic cover....

also it does not have the some parts of the front wheel arch plastic cover (so if you stand at the fornt, looking down the engine bay, you could actually see the suspension of the wheel). it does have the plactic cover on the wheel arch, but if you squat down and peer through the wheel, you could see the lower part of the engine bay from the sides (left and right)

does anyone DC5 have this problem?

danielj
03-04-2009, 03:23 AM
don't worry..saving weight..LOLOL

Zilli
03-04-2009, 06:30 AM
probably indicative of your car having been in an accident and not repaired properly?

My middle one is missing but thats because of the ride height of the car... probably a good idea to find the parts and put them back on

Bludger
03-04-2009, 07:00 AM
probably indicative of your car having been in an accident and not repaired properly?

My middle one is missing but thats because of the ride height of the car... probably a good idea to find the parts and put them back onor previous owner tracked the car.

LOL

bennjamin
03-04-2009, 07:41 AM
1. you are missing the lower tray - fairly normal for a used car. For several reasons - such as previous lazy modifying like air intake install etc. Dont worry about it.
2. You CAN see the steering rack thru the wheel arch and see thu to the engine bay and vice versa.Its normal

6000rpm
03-04-2009, 08:19 AM
its normal dude. your not missing anything.

Type S Tony
03-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Did the DC5 even come out with plastic undertray covers? im sure they didnt!

detasemen88
03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi all.... many thanks for all your replies..... the seller is actually a friend of mine... the car still smell new.... only 16000 Km on the odo... he prefer to use his bike rather than using this car. i dont think he raced or tracked the car, since he got 19' wheel on it, and it was spanking clean with no scrathes on the wheel..

yeah so i guess it is normal right?....