PDA

View Full Version : boot release lever (09 model)

tambay
04-04-2009, 07:55 AM
I locked the boot release lever the other day just to try it out, now i'm having trouble unlocking it.

Are you guys having difficulty unlocking it as well? I can open it using the remote transmitter though.

aaronng
04-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Make sure the boot is closed, and try unlocking it.

tambay
04-04-2009, 09:06 AM
thanks, i believe i tried that already, i'll try it again today...i'm worried i might break the key if i force it.

I have no problem opening the glove box and boot pass through cover using the same key...

aaronng
04-04-2009, 09:33 AM
thanks, i believe i tried that already, i'll try it again today...i'm worried i might break the key if i force it.

I have no problem opening the glove box and boot pass through cover using the same key...
Yeah, don't force it. It should open easy. I will check mine and see if I can replicate the conditions where the key doesn't turn. I remember that I had it jam once. Different car, but the mechanism is similar.

zillacles
04-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I've found that putting in the key the other way around helps but then again you have a new car so not sure if that's the case with yours

tambay
06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I tried putting the key the other way doesn't help...good thing here is that i'm scheduled for the 1000K service so I'll ask honda to fix it for me....:)

thanks for the help guys...

aaronng
06-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I tried mine and I couldn't get it to jam locked or jam open. So I guess it is warranty time for you.

tambay
14-04-2009, 03:52 PM
went to honda for the first 1000km service today, they fixed the boot lock issue as well! :) reason why i can't unlock it us because somehow the chord got tangled with the garnish...they also fixed some minor boot/bonnet scratches...:)

aware
14-04-2009, 08:24 PM
went to honda for the first 1000km service today, they fixed the boot lock issue as well! :) reason why i can't unlock it us because somehow the chord got tangled with the garnish...they also fixed some minor boot/bonnet scratches...:)

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Sounds like a good :honda: service centre as well!