PDA

View Full Version : Headunit on 09 VTI-S

p.terribilis
04-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Hello all,

Maybe I am mistaken because I looked at the City as well, but are there any USB jacks in the new VTI-S as I haven't found mine yet (could be staring right at it).

If not, has anyone gone the route of getting an aftermarket headunit (like the Alpine with usb hookups) and using a PAC SWIJACK to enable the steering wheel controls? I know I have only had the car for one day now, but I already have the equipment from my previous car and might just go ahead and do a re-install. I reckon this time I'll take it to a pro-installer just to free up my time. My subaru was a pain in the arse to install stuff in.

dyljoy
04-04-2009, 10:32 AM
hi, mate, i owned a 09 VTi Jazz with aftermarket apline HU and using PAC to enable the steering wheel control, they work just fine and yes, give the job to pro installer, don't try DIY when u don't have time. btw, i don't think GE jazz would come with USB jacks. cheers.

p.terribilis
04-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Also, are there any dealers in Australia that sell aftermarket headunit faceplate kits that I can use to mount my Alpine ida-x100 ?

dyljoy
04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
i don't think they can provide faceplate kit for u but u can source them from ozhonda trader such as JDMyard as i did. pm them, bro.

Waternmo
07-04-2009, 11:44 PM
hey dyljoy, where abouts did u install ya headunit and PAC? does that work with FD2 aswell? always wanted to install double din head unit but dun wanna disable the steering wheel mounted controls!

dyljoy
08-04-2009, 01:50 AM
i got it done at northfield mooroka, the best audio work shop i have been. I think u can do it as i did, just walk in and ask for it, cheers

p.terribilis
29-04-2009, 02:39 PM
i got it done at northfield mooroka, the best audio work shop i have been. I think u can do it as i did, just walk in and ask for it, cheers

Did they supply the dashkit as well?

dyljoy
29-04-2009, 08:48 PM
No, they don't, but JDMyard and JDMconcept selling them.

xiaohung
29-04-2009, 08:54 PM
JDMconcept selling the dashkit including bracket for it.

p.terribilis
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Wow! $250 for a piece of plastic and two brackets? Hmmm, I have bought many of these in the past and never spent more than $50 USD. I reckon if they keep their prices up that high, I'll be tempted to make a trip to Thailand myself and work out a deal with them to import them in and sell them for $120 on ebay or something.

FitRS
03-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Wow! $250 for a piece of plastic and two brackets? Hmmm, I have bought many of these in the past and never spent more than $50 USD. I reckon if they keep their prices up that high, I'll be tempted to make a trip to Thailand myself and work out a deal with them to import them in and sell them for $120 on ebay or something.
Yes sadly it is a huge rip off just for a bit of plastic and metal with no intricate moving parts.
Thats the car aftermarket though.

dyljoy
03-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Ya. and u can buy it or not, u have a right to decide.

p.terribilis
03-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I believe the answer is "not". We will see how much longer these people will continue to rip off fellow Honda owners.

dyljoy
03-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Ya, the best option is get it oversea when u have trip out there and bring heaps back and sell to ppl who want them cheaper.

rosewood
23-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I am putting in the Eclipse AVN 726EA sat nav in a couple of days in my 09 jazz & I beleive you just need to download the software for the steering wheel controls. Hopefully that's all I need. The face kit was around $300.00 which the installer was ordering in. Saw it for $20.00 on line from Japan.

I previously had the tom tom eclipse in my yaris (what a joke that was)

dyljoy
23-06-2009, 08:53 PM
nice, pls show us the result after done the job. thanks

rosewood
23-06-2009, 08:56 PM
this a photo from the manufacturer

dyljoy
23-06-2009, 08:59 PM
woo, looks great, just like OEM type in Japan, about the face kit, i think u can get it cheaper which around $200 from JDMyard or JDMconcept, but it is fine if u already ordered by workshop.

rosewood
23-06-2009, 09:08 PM
yes it's a dvd unit with 3d maps with suna traffic updates through fm radio.
if you have the money you can hook up the camera & the ipod cable.

has the ESN security so if they ripp it out they can't use it.
plays dvd & divx bluetooth & MP3 & WMA, USB, audio streaming 7 inch screen

but it costs a arm & a leg.

dyljoy
23-06-2009, 09:14 PM
haha, it worth that much if you think they are, and i am sure u will enjoy it for life

rosewood
23-06-2009, 09:19 PM
$2000.00 but I suppose other people pay a lot more. I think the toyota ones are double that. Anyway at least this time I will have the stock radio to put back in when I change cars again.

dyljoy
23-06-2009, 09:21 PM
ya, same as mine, so we can back it as stock when we resell the car

rosewood
23-06-2009, 09:30 PM
so what one do you have

rosewood
23-06-2009, 09:36 PM
actually just had a look at your car, yes that's the same dash kit. is it a exact match for your dash. Do you remember what the colour was listed as.

Did you get the alarm in your Jazz, I didn't get one in mine.

dyljoy
23-06-2009, 09:50 PM
i don't think i have alarm. and it is perfect match my dash, coz it used to for OEM navi item from Japan version.

rosewood
23-06-2009, 09:56 PM
the alarm is in the specs for this model factory fitted ,but it seems some people have & others no. Seems to be strange since it's documented on all honda's brochure. When I take it for the 1,000 service I am going to ask how do I activate it. Seems to be it's false advertising.

dyljoy
23-06-2009, 09:59 PM
ya, but it is not a big deal about have it or not when i am fully insured it. btw, where are u locate.

rosewood
23-06-2009, 10:05 PM
sydney, yes I'm fully insured also & I am pretty safe as my car is always parked outside my office & at home it's locked up in the garage.

It's just the insurance company have it listed a a factory fitted alarm also.
On my window it doesn't even have immobliser signal . On my 2003 jazz it has it on the driver window door.

strange I even have good year tyres on the car, didn't think honda used good year.

dyljoy
23-06-2009, 10:14 PM
but I found the signal around the speedo corner. it will active when u lock up the car.

rosewood
23-06-2009, 10:23 PM
yes the immboliser is there, in my book it says the alarm signal is the left hard corner of the speedo but it's the immboliser. It says it arms with three flashing signals which it does. My build date is july 08 so it should have both

dyljoy
23-06-2009, 10:25 PM
but don't trust the manual book, due to it made for difference country. It may vary, such as other area's version have outside temperature indicator but ours don't have.

rosewood
23-06-2009, 10:55 PM
what about the speed alarm, do we have that.

24-06-2009, 06:03 AM
nope no speed alarm.
read the fine print on the manual with the ASTERISKS (*)

only on some country lol....

aniway ur car GE09 ?? is that new generation of jazz/fit? =.=

sorry asking to many Q just confused

rosewood
24-06-2009, 08:55 AM
well this morning I tested the multifunction display, read the manual & yes the speed alarm is there. Does not show up till you hold the set/reset button.
Comes up with language first & then I found it. Has a little bell after you set it when you go over 50 & 80 kph but you can set lower or higher.
even with the radio on you can hear it.

yes I have the GE09 jazz VTI with build date 08

FitRS
24-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Nice rosewood. I was looking at the new Eclipse Unit the other day. Nice they have updated their website recently and brought in the new product of AVN 726EA. Previously the 6000 was the only full screen AVN from Eclipse. Please post pics :wave:

The 726EA is actually almost standardised across western countries so you know you're getting the best export model from Japan. The Japanese Eclipse range is much more diverse for price point and features which I wish Eclipse Australia would offer as well.

I was thinking initially of getting the AVN 6000 initially, but it's such a huge chunk of money. :eek: Given the fact the Jazz will mostly be a city car and I know my way around Sydney pretty well, probably couldn't justify the cost even though I'd love to have a double din panel display. I might get the doubledin headunit and throw in a cheapo ebay unit for a few hundred.

rosewood
24-06-2009, 09:48 AM
my main usage will be the bluetooth handsfree which will come through the sound system. I think the avn 6000 didn't have the bluetooth, well the display model I was testing didn't. Considering honda wanted $700.00 just for the blue tooth unit which I cancelled when I found I could get the face unit.

rosewood
24-06-2009, 08:55 PM
well it looks my dash cover is going to be black instead of the silver grey original colour. Should look alright I hope.

FitRS
25-06-2009, 04:03 PM
my main usage will be the bluetooth handsfree which will come through the sound system. I think the avn 6000 didn't have the bluetooth, well the display model I was testing didn't. Considering honda wanted $700.00 just for the blue tooth unit which I cancelled when I found I could get the face unit.

Well $700 just for bluetooth, that sort of puts it in perspective. I would have tried to get them to throw it in. But I wouldn't shell out $700 for just BT.

The headunit BT sets tend to be better because the audio is routed through the car speakers rather than a small hard to hear speaker towards the driver side dash.

Let us know how the faceplate looks in your car! :)

Probably is the same as this one:

http://www.gmwebsite.com/upload/rstyleracing.com/product/radioframe-b.gif

rosewood
25-06-2009, 04:50 PM
yes that's what eclipse dealer ordered for me in the black (only colour available)
I tried for a free blue tooth but this is the price I ended up paying for VTI auto
$25, 200.00 incl gst & rego
tinting,mats,door visors,bonnet & light protectors
when I found the face plate was available I didn't want the bluetooth as it's included in the sat nav. Goes in friday, will post pictures after install

rosewood
26-06-2009, 06:52 PM
well no picture yet, they still have my car,having big problems with my steering wheel controls . The unit has a built in pak unit but they are having with the pulses on the unit.
this is making me really nervous.

rosewood
27-06-2009, 07:45 PM
well I got my car back today , still no steering wheels controls for the audio, the installer says he will still try to rectify this problem with eclipse.
a bit hard trying to get info from them late friday afternoon & sat morning.
the surround that I looked at before install was black, however after install it looked actually dark plum against the black dash. the installer is sending the dash cover back. I told them about jm concepts & they have one on ebay couldn't find one at their main store. I will have get the installer to order it as I have already paid for it.

There also a gap between the cover & the lcd frame so I am hoping it will be a better fit.

I am not posting photo's until it's finished.

So far the unit is great, blue tooth reception is fantastic voice clarity,(dialled my home phone & left message on message bank , couldn't beleive how good my voice sounded. Rang a friend & they couldn't tell I was speaking through blue tooth. Dvd movie is excellent.Can play a movie with out having the car running.Good idea if you have to sit in the car waiting for someone.

FitRS
13-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Any updates rosewood? :)

dyljoy
13-07-2009, 02:07 PM
I want to know the outcome as well

rosewood
13-07-2009, 02:40 PM
yes it's all finished, everytime I take a photo it's too dark so I attached one's from my blackberry phone.

The installer spray painted the head cover & also coloured the glove box so it matched. Still no steering wheel controls as yet, being a new unit no-one has done a jazz yet with the steering wheel controls.

I am so happy with this unit, this is the unit to buy.
Eclipse AVN726EA

FitRS
13-07-2009, 03:59 PM
yes it's all finished, everytime I take a photo it's too dark so I attached one's from my blackberry phone.

The installer spray painted the head cover & also coloured the glove box so it matched. Still no steering wheel controls as yet, being a new unit no-one has done a jazz yet with the steering wheel controls.

I am so happy with this unit, this is the unit to buy.
Eclipse AVN726EA

It looks great. Yeah Eclipse units are the bomb. It was good the dude painted the glove box as well to match it.

How does the Bluetooth sound, is it working through the speaking system?

dyljoy
13-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Looks great! Great job done by workshop

rosewood
13-07-2009, 06:14 PM
blue tooth is excellent, people tell me the reception is great, Doesn't sound like it's through speakers or blue tooth. Comes from speakers.

plays DVD, DIVX, MP3, blue tooth audio device
Maps by NAVEQ & RDS-TMC Suna traffic updates

I have a camera at back of car for reversing & also USB for MP3 player or Ipod in glove box.

The installer did the whold package for me, he didn't charge me for the camera or usb connection.

FitRS
13-07-2009, 08:47 PM
blue tooth is excellent, people tell me the reception is great, Doesn't sound like it's through speakers or blue tooth. Comes from speakers.

plays DVD, DIVX, MP3, blue tooth audio device
Maps by NAVEQ & RDS-TMC Suna traffic updates

I have a camera at back of car for reversing & also USB for MP3 player or Ipod in glove box.

The installer did the whold package for me, he didn't charge me for the camera or usb connection.

Now that's good service.

Dreams
14-07-2009, 10:25 AM
looks goo, i love double din setup on a jazz