PDA

View Full Version : Need help on fog light switch

hare
04-04-2009, 10:08 PM
looking for a OEM fog light switch from other honda model...etc to fit on the coin tray slot or spare slot located on the right hand side of the steeering wheel,anyone can let me know????Or do the pre-facelift GD model did come with a factory fog light switch???Anyone can supply a parts number as well?

thanks really much!!!

RAYDER
05-04-2009, 09:35 PM
looking for a OEM fog light switch from other honda model...etc to fit on the coin tray slot or spare slot located on the right hand side of the steeering wheel,anyone can let me know????Or do the pre-facelift GD model did come with a factory fog light switch???Anyone can supply a parts number as well?

thanks really much!!!

its not a switch, well not on mine it is. its a little selector dial on the right lever behind the steering wheel (the indicators), additional to the normal headlight dial. im not sure if you can get the part you need. then theres the problem of installing it. so if you want to put a switch in for fog lights in that little panel there you might have to go with any aftermarket type switch and wire it in manually. this is for the jazz, i can only assume its like that with all the other hondas as well

hare
05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
I understand what you mean,I found that in the 1.5S model which come with factory fog light will same as your's.But I belive some lower spec model if they have option fog light,they should be another switch beside the mirror control.Or we should be able to use other honda's fog light switch as soon as it can fit over the space over there.

its not a switch, well not on mine it is. its a little selector dial on the right lever behind the steering wheel (the indicators), additional to the normal headlight dial. im not sure if you can get the part you need. then theres the problem of installing it. so if you want to put a switch in for fog lights in that little panel there you might have to go with any aftermarket type switch and wire it in manually. this is for the jazz, i can only assume its like that with all the other hondas as well

RAYDER
05-04-2009, 10:43 PM
hmmm well that may be the case. if they did that best option would be to contact a dealer and ask how they install foglights on a model that didnt come with them standard. other than that a standard switch wired to the foglights wouldnt be hard to do. just gotta find one that suits the car aesthetically

hare
05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
yes I know that would be a way to do it,but just try my luck to see if any member know the parts number if they done before or they know which switch from other model will fit.

hmmm well that may be the case. if they did that best option would be to contact a dealer and ask how they install foglights on a model that didnt come with them standard. other than that a standard switch wired to the foglights wouldnt be hard to do. just gotta find one that suits the car aesthetically

RAYDER
05-04-2009, 11:34 PM
fair enough. you could always just get a small switch and mount it on the blank cell there, dont need to get a switch to fill the whole cavity. hope it all works well for you though.

hare
05-04-2009, 11:36 PM
yes,thanks for your advise,I want to use honda parts one since want it look more factory and tidy.Will post here if I end up found it at last,cheers

fair enough. you could always just get a small switch and mount it on the blank cell there, dont need to get a switch to fill the whole cavity. hope it all works well for you though.