PDA

View Full Version : geting a car from another state info ?

jimidy
05-04-2009, 12:29 PM
hey guys im looking at purchasing a car from qld and im located in sydney im just wodering is there anything in particular that i need to look out for
if the car has qld rego can i just take it to the rta like usual to transfer the pappers and the rego will b changed to nsw rego , or will i need to re register it anything else i should no about buying from another state

intruder
05-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Currently doing the same thing, but bought the car in NSW and registering it in Tasmania.

Shouldn't have any dramas though, rego wise you'll probably need to have the car inspected by an aproved RTA inspection station, ie it will need to go over the pits. Once that is done, take the rego paperwork in to the RTA with all the transfer details filled out correctly and the QLD plates, pay all the associated fees including the stamp duty and that should be about it.

Of course make sure you do all your REVs checks etc before hand as well. You may needto do some searching on the QLD Government transport web pages to find specific REVs style checks for QLD, I know REVs don;t cover all states.

RTA website should have all the info you need or give them a buzz.

Good luck,

Andrew

jimidy
05-04-2009, 01:09 PM
thanks andrew

jeffreymui
05-04-2009, 02:00 PM
dont to get it james:) HONDA FTW

jimidy
05-04-2009, 03:32 PM
mmmmmmmmmm gtr baby