PDA

View Full Version : Engine cut out under boost

flipstar
05-04-2009, 05:50 PM
hey guys i just recently had my car tuned and the thing moves but there is one issue

with the s2000 you cant take the car to 9k if the car is cold and it has like a safety limiter at 6.5-7k. Before my tune i couldnt even take it past 4k now i can take it 2 6 but it feels like i got the rev limiter on there it just dont want it go past 6.5 and my engine light comes on the car can be driven and everything but it just done wanna go past 6k:( we checked over all the wiring and all that and everything fine

any ideas or things to look for would be much appreciated

Jesse

TODA AU
05-04-2009, 06:00 PM
hey guys i just recently had my car tuned and the thing moves but there is one issue

You make no mention of any ECU type,
Or if you even have a programable ECU.
In any case, the smart thing you to do is talk to your tuner & ask him the question.
Chances are he's not telepathic.

flipstar
05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
oh sorry yeah im using e-manage ultimate i asked him cause we road tuned it and he said it could be a oil pressure issue but it was to dark to look at it properly

fatboyz39
05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Doubt it can be oil pressure issue. It sounds more like the map is not right yet.

TODA AU
05-04-2009, 11:24 PM
/\ As above... MAP sensor clamp value.
Take it back & have it sorted.

Seem's odd you would let someone tune your car who didn't know this off the cuff.

FastFwd
15-04-2009, 07:58 AM
I was also going to say a related issue to the map sensor. If the map sensor value isnt set corretly this could be causing the issue. Remember honda's map sensor originally only reads vacume and now that is reading pressure if its not set correctly then the ECU can be getting confused causing it to do this.

Weq
16-04-2009, 01:49 PM
OR could be spark blowout. check ur plugs, re-gap, coder. etc.

Blue
30-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Spark blow out, maybe - are you using the standard coil and plugs?

other then that are you sure its only when you rev it out, it might be something earthing out when you give it abit of throttle

does the light come on/off in a drive full of speedhumps?