PDA

View Full Version : superchargers

urtwhistle
27-10-2004, 11:02 PM
hey all, im trying to find out wat type of super charger came out on the 4agze's

i'v started a new project, its only on paper atm since my funds are still up in the air. the plan is for a
260z with a lexus 4l v8 supercharged running a supra 5speed on LPG

straight na shouold be about 210-220hp at the wheeles if i get an old 1uz. or 250 for a new vvti 1

personly i like the idea of the power to weight this thing will have. 970kg car with 300+ hp when supercharged. i beleive this thing will be bloody awsome little weekend car.

any help with the super charger will be most helpfull

aznsiko
27-10-2004, 11:23 PM
all i know.. is its a centrifugal one..

urtwhistle
27-10-2004, 11:36 PM
cheers dude, some info is bttr then none. keep it coming ppl

strafe
28-10-2004, 08:39 PM
The 4agze engines came with a positive displacement supercharger, which displaces a volume of air per rotation. This supercharger is not really suitable for engines over 2 litres, as they generally don't produce large amounts of boost (2-3 psi on a Holden V6). Overspinning the supercharger to create more boost kills these superchargers quite quickly.

You may want to try and source a 1GGZE supercharger, i think they were slightly larger, came off a toyota cressida?? (correct me if i'm wrong here). Would prob be able to make closer to 5psi of boost then.

A better option may be to get an eaton m90 supercharger (v6 commodore possibly). I know EFI dynamics (http://efidynamics.com/supercharging.htm) were working on a kit, you may want to look into it.

urtwhistle
29-10-2004, 12:21 PM
yeah the eaton m112 is my first choice but a m90 is the second. now i just gotta get 1 of these from america, they came out on mustangs and cobra's

cheers

[M*]
25-11-2004, 12:46 AM
i hope soneone it still reading this..

but here gose... if you do supercharge my civic would it need to be turned? like ecu or anything like that?

McChook
25-11-2004, 05:55 AM
']i hope soneone it still reading this..

but here gose... if you do supercharge my civic would it need to be turned? like ecu or anything like that?Yes

shmivic
29-11-2004, 10:41 PM
the 1ggze charger is alot larger than the 4a items the stock boost of the 4a models is 8psi and the 1g item is 12psi
it all depends on how much space you have yes the car will have to be jigged to accept the extra air pressure but thats no biggie