PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Stud Removal, EK civic

Sportsclassic
06-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi Guys, i have a question for you, has anyone ever tried putting longer wheels studs on the front on a Ek civic? The old ones come out but my new longer ones will not go in, as there is not enough room between the hub, have you ever pressed out the bearing to do this?? i know if i press it out i will be up for new bearings.. The reason for this is that i am putting 4 spot alcon brakes and the alloy hat rotors are thick, so there is not enough stud to hold the wheels on.

Thanks

Sportsclassic
06-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Dont worry i worked it out..

dumped echo
07-04-2009, 06:13 PM
What did you have to do?

Sportsclassic
08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
What did you have to do?

Pull the front hubs off and press out the front wheel bearings, so you can take out the old studs and put in the new. Not too bad of a job, thought it would be harder.. Got the alcons on now, the stop shitloads better than stock vtir..:thumbsup:

dumped echo
09-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Lol yeah i can imagine...but what did they cost?

AndreaCivic
10-04-2009, 12:00 AM
nice nice, you get those brakes engineered?
also interested in costs if you could..

and a pic (tells a thousand words :P)

Sportsclassic
10-04-2009, 09:14 AM
nice nice, you get those brakes engineered?
also interested in costs if you could..

and a pic (tells a thousand words :P)

Its A Rally Car, it has Rally rego which has conditions, you can only drive it to and from a event and to workshops etc... so it doesn't need a engineers cert.
They didn't cost me to much as i had all the parts already, all we had to do was make caliper brackets, change brake lines, brake bias, longer studs, wheel locators. I have tried to put up pic's but it doesnt work. Got any tips:thumbsup:

AndreaCivic
10-04-2009, 12:12 PM
that's awesome..

yeah you can add pics to a forum by using an image hosting site (such as photobucket.com)

on photobucket you can upload a picture and they will give you an IMG code.. usually something that looks like this:

[IMG]photobucket etc etc[IMG]

then you post that code in your reply and a picture will show up in your post ;)