PDA

View Full Version : Axelback mufflers for EK hatch

mr_ree
07-04-2009, 01:36 PM
What bolt on axel back mufflers are available?

a trader said he can get me a xforce s12 twinloop ...

just wondering what other options there are?

or should i just go straight for a cat back option.

Frankie
07-04-2009, 02:36 PM
go for a full exhaust system worth it in the long run

mr_ree
07-04-2009, 04:31 PM
fair enough.

go for a full exhaust system worth it in the long run

do you mean full exhaust + headers? or just from the cat?

rather not go with a full exhaust + headers combo as this is just ur basic snail D series. :p

Frankie
07-04-2009, 04:46 PM
yeh header flex pipe hi flo catback resanator and muffler, i got snail d aswell might aswell get the amount fo power out fo the exhaust system than just doin half

dumped echo
07-04-2009, 06:06 PM
If you've got the cash now...just go the whole system..assuming you're staying n/a

omgzilla
07-04-2009, 08:16 PM
What do you want from the new exhaust?

Just a bit more of louder/deeper exhaust note? If so, you should just get the axel-back. Twin-loop systems usually give a decent sound increase but nothing over the top.

I assume you're not worried about a significant power increase, in which you would need to do: good quality headers, high-flow cat and decent straight-through type muffler with all mandrel bent piping. Expect a decent full system to cost you anywhere from the $1000 mark and upwards.

Again, the axel-back system will give you the exhaust note increase (i assume) you want and not breaking the bank for a full system that you probably don't need.

mr_ree
07-04-2009, 08:16 PM
its not so much about the cash

just curious thought, looking at the x-force lineup..a whole package (headers, cat, resonator and muffler)..i should be looking at 900-ish for that
and how much for installation?

mr_ree
07-04-2009, 08:18 PM
im not so much after serious power upgrades here, if i can get away with just a cat back that should do me fine for now, then headers later down the track.

definateley getting a CAI/or SRI

Frankie
08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
if you do the exahust do it all at once becasue it going to cost you more money to take it back off and put headers on.

mr_ree
08-04-2009, 09:36 PM
true true

just going to go with the cheap option, lol x-force catback FTW! + cai + lip + foggies + hid

and koni shock+springs combo

damn imm going to broke after all that

tiksie
09-04-2009, 01:37 AM
If you want it just for sound just get a axle back.. Bolt it on yourself.

dumped echo
09-04-2009, 07:04 PM
The whole system can be bolted up yourself easily as long as you have a jack, jack stands and some basic tools.
Good luck

[ricer]
09-04-2009, 07:08 PM
does a d16 really benefit from a whole exhaust system?

mr_ree
09-04-2009, 09:17 PM
i highly doubt that it does.

but then again, that is besides the point as to why i am doing it though

axel back install should be rather easy, just whether or not i can get a x-force twin loop to bolt easily? any suggestions?