PDA

View Full Version : Benen front tow hook on dc2r?

Fluffy
07-04-2009, 01:40 PM
been looking around cant find anything that helps me on installing a benen front tow hook on a dc2r..

any help would be appreciated

thanks
leo

EK1.6LCIV
07-04-2009, 02:03 PM
you're going to need to remove the front bar and assess where best to install it, depending on what side of the grill you want it to stick out

you'll need a dremel (or cutting wheel), safety googles (please buy and use them!), a drill to drill out 1/2" holes for mounting, permanant marker (to mark the hook during the test fit)

basically just test fit it first by wrapping it over the member its begin mounted to with some tpae them slide back on the front bar prior to any cutting or drilling

should take an hour or so, take your time :D

Fluffy
07-04-2009, 03:22 PM
i've looked at front bar and if im going to attach it to small metal bar close to my radiator it sticks half in the front bar even on last holes =/

anyone have any pics? looked heaps on net cant find any decent ones of a dc2r with it on or how they attached

EK1.6LCIV
07-04-2009, 04:59 PM
one guy on here had one on his track type r, wish I remembered his name

he had an incident with it on a race track

Fluffy
07-04-2009, 06:31 PM
yeh think i read your old post, he had it on his tension bar i think and went to get towed and it ripped off..

only option i got is to add a radiator support bar on =/ but perfer not to

VTECMACHINE
07-04-2009, 08:34 PM
LOL yeah, Shifty, or Dave R. It's ok, if it's on the very corner... not in the middle or remotely close to the middle.

Fluffy
07-04-2009, 11:56 PM
only thing if i put it on the tension bar it tucks half way under front bar, any other way so it sticks out bit more.. or is welding extra peice metal on only option?

VTECMACHINE
08-04-2009, 12:07 AM
NFI man... ask Benson, or Fatboyz, they run Benen hooks. I have a J's one... I think it's different.