PDA

View Full Version : 96 ek coupe problem (window)

Ninya
07-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Got a problem with both the windows - whenever it rains they seem to go out place and as you lift it up it only manages to get around halfway and leaves a huge gap as its going up as if the window slid all the way down.

Anyone know where i can go to get this fixed? starting to get annoying opening the door and fixing it, i can post pics next time it screws up.

Dodgy tint job ftw! thanks:wave:

EK1.6LCIV
07-04-2009, 03:00 PM
they do that when the motor is buggered, get new motors ftw, and continue to grease up the edges of the windows with some silicon spray as a temp fix (which has been doing fine for me for a good 2yrs) lol

the EKs have the worst window motors, windows, guides Ive seen in cars lol, they fail around the 150000 mark, lol

basically 130 and up for a new motor and regulator, 25mins of your time and its fixed :D

Ninya
07-04-2009, 03:06 PM
thanks, yeah lol its pretty annoying, happened couple of nights ago again and it was too late to open the door and looked like it was going to rain and had to cover it with glad wrap and duct tape lolol.

where can i pick these items up?

EK1.6LCIV
07-04-2009, 03:15 PM
yea, this problem has happened to me 3 times on the passenger side and once on the drivers side

I would suggest if your on a buget (like most) to get one at the local wreckers (it'll prob last a yr or two if youre lucky tbh), and diy using a haynes manual as a panel beater will charge you 60 bux to do this job, and to be honest with a little patience anyone can install it, just dont rush it :D

but for reliablity I'd buy one from Honda for $450 new and never have to worry about it again

uniorj
07-04-2009, 03:56 PM
yea, this problem has happened to me 3 times on the passenger side and once on the drivers side

I would suggest if your on a buget (like most) to get one at the local wreckers (it'll prob last a yr or two if youre lucky tbh), and diy using a haynes manual as a panel beater will charge you 60 bux to do this job, and to be honest with a little patience anyone can install it, just dont rush it :D

but for reliablity I'd buy one from Honda for $450 new and never have to worry about it again

Is it $450 each or for both?

EK1.6LCIV
07-04-2009, 04:39 PM
each last time I enquired :D

Ninya
07-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Killer.. not even going to bother, but going to hurt when i try to sell my ek lol

EK1.6LCIV
07-04-2009, 04:43 PM
yea def get one from a wreckers then, just give yourself half the day to do, hell if you were in Bris I'd help ya out (I have to replace one of my own atm) lol

paps02
08-04-2009, 01:16 PM
i used to have this problem.but mine pops off the rails aswell.. i spray lube on the rails every now and then and its been fine ever since.

just spray some lube(wd40, whatever).

EK1.6LCIV
08-04-2009, 02:17 PM
if given the time and cheap materials (manual door trim, winders, etc) I would go back to wind up to save it lol

silicon spray has been helping me as of late, but wd40 works as well, also supercheap had grease as well