PDA

View Full Version : ASI Radiator

xmod
08-04-2009, 01:43 AM
Has anyone purchased these radiators i bought one for my eg civic for use on a d16 but the inlet and outlet on the asi rad is bigger than stock i cant use my stock hoses if anyone has got one or knows how to work around this issue that would be great

Thanks

shadou
08-04-2009, 02:05 AM
try your luck @ bursons (or similar automotive stores) and see if they stock any sort of hoses that fit your requirement, it'd be best to bring in your stock hose and the radiator but if not possible get the dimensions down and see what they can do for you.

Riviera
12-04-2009, 12:36 PM
i have a ASI radiator in my EK4
inlets and outlets were correct size and the
lower mounts in the right spot.. but as for the top one... have to custom
up a mounting bracket cause the ASI radiator dowell sits too low

other than that... its fine, i polished it before putting it in aswell...

for $130 was wat i expected...:thumbsup:

Noobs_for_life
13-04-2009, 12:07 AM
got 1 on my d16 turbo, all working fine, just watch the drain plug, my threads were screwed after a couple of turns, took down to a radiator shop to get fixed, otherwise all good, had a few hot days in Perth + turbo & no probs :)
Steve

bennjamin
13-04-2009, 12:10 AM
the reason the hoses wont fit.....

is because this particular radiator is designed for B SERIES motors in mind. \
B SERIES motors use slightly larger ID and OD hoses.

dumped echo
13-04-2009, 06:30 PM
bennjamin is correct.
For example i have the smaller radiator with the smaller inlet and outlet, and i have managed by using the larger hose from the b-series motor and then using a couple hose clamps to just squeeze down the hose onto the radiator. Not ideal, but it works.

In your case you can try to use the same b-series hoses with larger diameter and try clamping them down at the engine side to fit.
Second to that you might want to make up a reducer/enlarger out of metal and fit it half way down the hoses. engine=====reducer====radiator. It might look a bit ghetto though.

bennjamin
13-04-2009, 06:50 PM
to the above -

you CAN reuse D series pipes on B series rads and vice versa.

D pipes on B engine/rad require abit of grease and leverage....and those o clamps
B pipes on D engine/rad require slightly over tightening with adjustable O clamps

hayashi_1986
13-04-2009, 08:29 PM
The ASI rads are good for their price. The pipes were a little tight to fit, but sticking the ends in hot water expands the rubber and helps to get them on. Tighten them up a little tighter like Bennjamin said and you'll be right. They've only blown out once but only because I didn't tighten them enough.That of course was my fault, but the rad is bang for buck gear. More expensive now unfortunately than when the bulk of us bought it a couple of years back.