PDA

View Full Version : thinking of getting xcarlink

kingfisher29
08-04-2009, 02:30 AM
hi,

New to the forum and loving it. Just bought an Accord Euro 04 Lux model. Picking up the car tomorrow and can't wait. have been looking around in regards to playing mp3s in the euro. it seems xcarlink usb is the way to go. coz i don't have an ipod.♠

i had a look on ebay, there are only chinese ones from china with chinese words all over it (xcarlink replica??) selling for about $130, and then other ones from Italy(real one may be??) selling for about $180. by reading the item description on both the chinese one and italy one, they both seems to support the accord euro( coz they have photos showing what factory HU it supports).

then i went on xcarlink.com.au i cannot find an xcarlink for Honda, they only have VW, Audi, Toyota, Nissan but not Honda.

just want to ask those euro owners here who have xcarlink usb in their cars, where did you bought them from? ebay? the chinese one? italy one? or xcarlink.com.au??

if u got the chinese one from ebay, are they good quality? do they sound good?

if u got the italy one from ebay, are they really good that worth paying extra $50??

and for owners who bought it from xcarlink.com.au, which one did you buy? coz there's nothing under the Honda section on their website.

thanks in advance and sorry for a long first post...LOL

ndeuro_
08-04-2009, 04:10 AM
pm me. ill hook u up with a good brand new headunit. i got one in my. installed it myself. better than xcarlink. gives u cd, mp3, wma and ipod capabilities. plus theres audio tuning aswell

iLlusion10
08-04-2009, 10:49 AM
pm me. ill hook u up with a good brand new headunit. i got one in my. installed it myself. better than xcarlink. gives u cd, mp3, wma and ipod capabilities. plus theres audio tuning aswell

how much it cost you in total though?

victor_0012001
08-04-2009, 02:16 PM
hi there,

i have 04 euro lux and just installed xcarlink couple of month ago(China version - because i'm from China hehe~~). so far it worked perfectly with my euro. It uses SD card to store sounds and gives you audio control on wheel and can hold up to 9999 songs (if u have a big storage SD card). Sound quality is reasonable from my point of view (I'm not too keen on car sound though; so normal mp3 quality is ok for me)

I got it installed by a professinal guy, he charged me 80 AUD for the xcarlink becaseu he was doing some other work for me at the time, and give me 1 year warranty. He said he normally charge 180 AUD for a single xcarlink job (hardware+labour)

Here is their website:
http://www.xcarlink.com/products.asp

it's a chinses compnay in a city called SHenZhen but their webpage is all English which I think they mainly export to oversea market

kingfisher29
08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
thanks victor,

i had a look at the website that you posted. LOL, the photos they use on that website it's exactly the same as the one on ebay !!!

i can't go to that ShenZhen shop that you mentioned, coz i'm in melbourne.

i might just get one from ebay

hughba
09-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi mate - I purchased a genuine Xcarlink off ebay recently for my '05 model. It worked a treat and wasn't the "made in China" model. The guy even offered me a full refund including postage if it didn't fit.

This is the seller's link: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/sydneyinstallers/

Shoot him an email to see if he can get you one.

Try a search - I've posted about this on several threads.

phantom
10-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Had the Xcarlink installed in my 04 Euro yesterday. Could not be happier, the best thing I ever did. It work with both my iPod and my iPhone, the great thing is that it charges my iPhone as well, so I can throw out the ciggy lighter charger which was kinda annoying.

I can send you the installers details if you PM me. I paid $200 fully installed.

ndeuro_
11-05-2009, 01:52 AM
i still rkn a headunit is a better option

ticktock
20-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Hey guys, how does the xcarlink handle iPhone calls? Does it route the call through the car speakers or do calls just go through to the iPhone and you set the iPhone to use the speakerphone?

mrdouble08
29-08-2009, 10:19 PM
When you receive a call on your iphone while using the xcarlink system the music dims and your ring tone starts playing through the phone (not the car speakers). The call is then taken using the iphone as per normal operation. Once you end the call the music softly resumes to the exact spot before the call.

I would recommend the Honda ipod/iphone Xcarlink system. Easy as to install and it just works. You can use the controls through the steering wheel and all of the random, repeat buttons work just like it was a CD - brillant solution for under $200.

ticktock
30-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm waiting for the tomtom car kit to come out now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0lJFHXMB4