PDA

View Full Version : How to tell apart the different models???

Geoffy
28-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Is there a physical way to look at a Jazz and know if it's GLi, VTi or VTi-S???

I can tell a VTi-S ez... Cause of the body kit and wheels...

But is there a way to defrenciate the difference between a GLi and VTi????

Philip Lee
28-10-2004, 09:36 AM
before the facelift, the GLi's headlight garnish is black while VTi & VTiS are chrome. also the "dot" on the letter "j" of the Jazz badge is red on the 1.3 and blue on the 1.5.

that's pretty much the difference from the outside. maybe the wheel cover is different too but i'm not sure.

not sure about post facelift tho, i couldn't be bothered to find out.

bigdongers
28-10-2004, 12:02 PM
wheel covers are the same.

the other way you can tell is by looking at the interior. The VTI has a dark shade sporty style cloth and also the 7 speed auto paddles if its an auto.

Don't know about the new model but in the previous model, the GLI was not available in Vivid blue so if you saw one, it was a VTi or VTiS

Jus-10
28-10-2004, 04:11 PM
One other way is to look at the tail lights....

On the GLi, the plastic part over the indicator and reverse light is clear whereas on the VTi/VTi-S it is pink....

So the 3 external ways are:

1. Headlights
2. Dot in the "Jazz" badge (blue for 1.5, red for 1.3)
3. Tail lights.

pharley
28-10-2004, 10:33 PM
And 1 final way...

The GLi has a hi-gloss chrome-type "Jazz" badge on the tail.

The VTi and VTi-S have a satin chrome-type finish instead.

Geoffy
29-10-2004, 07:41 AM
I found another way...

GLi and VTi have a key hold for the boot... VTi-S doesn't and has the hidden leaver to press

gd1_nz
29-10-2004, 09:30 AM
my 1.3 has a key hole and also has the hidden leaver as well~~maybe its different for the australian jazz..

TypeG
29-10-2004, 10:47 AM
lol
my Vti got no key hole at the back man
I think newer jazz Vti and vtis also dun have key hole anymore since it look bad

Geoffy
29-10-2004, 10:55 AM
I dunno then hahaha

Jus-10
29-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Yeah the 2004 models don't have the key hole on the tail gate and the passenger door...

pharley - first up welcome! All the Jazz badges I've seen have an identical finish? I have a 1.3 (red dot) Fit badge and it's the same finish (chrome) as my old blue dot Jazz badge.

There's a GLi where I live so I'll have to check it out tonight.

TypeG
29-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Jus, just watch but dun let the alarm go off
lol

pharley
29-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah. There are a number of subtle differences between the 03YM and 04YM Aus-spec Jazz.

Just small things... like the key-holes in the passenger door and hatch that exist only in the 03YM (already mentioned by another member).

Also, the power mirror switch is illuminated in 04YM, but not on 03YM. The LCD on the audio unit is also slightly different. On 03YM, the volume is represented by a series of bars, but on 04YM volume has a numeric value. And a couple of other tiny differences in the display.

03YM Jazz (with remote locking) got a separate key and fob, whilst 04YM got an integrated key with buttons.

On most 03YM, the "H" emblem on the steering wheel is a matte finish. Honda changed this in the later half of 2003, so a small number of 03YM will have hi-gloss. However, on all 04YM, the "H" is a hi-gloss.

Even the metallic finish on the audio knobs and handbrake button are slightly different hues.

Heaps of other small changes around the cabin and under the skin, but nothing that affects performance, handling, or quality.

muli
29-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Yeah. There are a number of subtle differences between the 03YM and 04YM Aus-spec Jazz.

Just small things... like the key-holes in the passenger door and hatch that exist only in the 03YM (already mentioned by another member).

Also, the power mirror switch is illuminated in 04YM, but not on 03YM. The LCD on the audio unit is also slightly different. On 03YM, the volume is represented by a series of bars, but on 04YM volume has a numeric value. And a couple of other tiny differences in the display.

03YM Jazz (with remote locking) got a separate key and fob, whilst 04YM got an integrated key with buttons.

On most 03YM, the "H" emblem on the steering wheel is a matte finish. Honda changed this in the later half of 2003, so a small number of 03YM will have hi-gloss. However, on all 04YM, the "H" is a hi-gloss.

Even the metallic finish on the audio knobs and handbrake button are slightly different hues.

Heaps of other small changes around the cabin and under the skin, but nothing that affects performance, handling, or quality.

i wonder if it be possible to change the power mirror switch from latest model to older model so it would illuminate? will have to go to honda spare parts tomorrow morning

spoon fit
29-10-2004, 09:49 PM
i wonder if it be possible to change the power mirror switch from latest model to older model so it would illuminate? will have to go to honda spare parts tomorrow morning

DIY...man!
only cost u $3

muli
01-11-2004, 07:10 PM
DIY...man!
only cost u $3

rang honda today, they quoted me $168, i could probly get it for about $110 through a friend but i think $3 is money better spent

spoon fit
01-11-2004, 08:26 PM
http://www.fitcametomyhouse.net/diy/mira.htm

muli
02-11-2004, 12:10 PM
http://www.fitcametomyhouse.net/diy/mira.htm

thanks