PDA

View Full Version : dvd installation for EP3

chubby steve
09-04-2009, 07:47 PM
just wondering if anyone has put a dvd or cd player in their EP3s. just needed a bit of guidence on how to get the dash apart

Audio Express
09-04-2009, 08:56 PM
if its a JDM one then you need to pull the two screws out of the rear of the bracket on both sides. if its local then the whole lot including a/c controls have to come out.

ekhybrid
09-04-2009, 09:08 PM
pull off the lower half by pushing into the shift boot with fingers on each side and pull out.
disc. hazards and cig lighter
u will see clearly which screws u need to loosen before pulling the top half of the console.

Philip Lee
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
if u have trouble pulling the lower half off (like me), you can go from the back via the glove box. unscrew the 2 screws at the bottom of the glove box and squeeze the 2 taps on the top and take it out. then reach from behind and push the lower dash out.

aka_NSX
09-04-2009, 10:23 PM
if its a JDM one then you need to pull the two screws out of the rear of the bracket on both sides. if its local then the whole lot including a/c controls have to come out.

is there any local EP3 ?

pull off the lower half by pushing into the shift boot with fingers on each side and pull out.
u will see clearly which screws u need to loosen before pulling the top half of the console.

yup, follow this guide and you should be fine

blk_shadow
09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
is there any local EP3 ?

I think he meant EU

NightRyder
09-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Right on the money steve. :thumbsup:

Audio Express
10-04-2009, 09:16 PM
nope. I meant local as in the 4 door hatch variant. I have done a couple of the JDM variety and those are a LOT easier.

aka_NSX
10-04-2009, 09:31 PM
nope. I meant local as in the 4 door hatch variant. I have done a couple of the JDM variety and those are a LOT easier.

but the limited edition EU 2001 VTI model is exactly the same as the EP3 come with the climate control and yes they are much2x easier to pull them apart compare with the one no climate control . . .

chubby steve
11-04-2009, 06:50 PM
thanks all for your input directions were spot on got it all done looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philip Lee
11-04-2009, 10:46 PM
pic pls.