PDA

View Full Version : Can't choose between subs 4 my cord...

sleepy1386
10-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey guys~
I have a 08 vti accord in Perth and am plannin 2 put a sub in it. I have already done the the 4 speakers with JLs and man do they rock!~

Here comes the tricky bit. Because I rkn my speakers altho it sounds gd but it doesnt have enuf texture cos I m jus running it from the OEM head. I went to JB hifi and saw a JL 12W3v3 sub in a factory sub box. The guy there made me a package that I can get the JL sub, a slashv2 500watt amp for the sub, a slash v2 250 watt amp 4 the speakers, n I forgot what brand wires but for the speakers n sub total is about 400~450 buks. He quoted me that 2100 installed.

I know JLs have good reputation but I wanted to look around and went to albert audio. They suggested me using a rockford fosgate P3D212, running a alpine PDX 4x 150 amp which can run both the speakers and the sub and wires r included with the install. they can do it 4 about 1750 installed. :eek:

Which 1 do u guys think that I should go for? Cheers guys~ :wave:

yiannixanthos
16-04-2009, 04:50 PM
2100 installed sounds alot for only installing 2 amps and a sub dude. :thumbdwn::eek: to me personally, second deal sounds a s**t load better man..:thumbsup:

WhiteRice
25-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Both JL and Rockford make good products. Alpine is good, but I haven't heard of Slashv2??
Strictly speaking, you are better off having a separate amp for the speakers, rather than running a single 4 channel in tri-mode, because they have separate power sources, and a large discharge from one won't affect the other.
Thus, the former would be my pick. You also have the benefit of keeping all drivers the same brand, and all amps likewise.
Just my ten cents.

On the other hand, DIY installation is not that difficult, provided you have someone you can consult, and you don't mind laying some cable, which is a b*&#rd of a job on the best of days.
You'd probably save a fortune, and you can use the gear of your choice.

Phased
27-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Rockford and JL as above are both great products. I would probebly prefer RF out of the two.

I would recommend. Hertz Energy/Hi-Energy or Focal.

FHRX Studios in NSW are currently having a 26.25% off sale on all Hertz/Audison gear. Be aware though, Audison amps although they're fantastic units... are VERY pricey. They are still made in Italy as far as I know. :D

Be careful of getting a sound system installed too. Although these people have experience, they also have little time and don't get rewarded for a good job. Alot of the jobs are rushed. Not worth the money. You should DIY if you have the time/effort.

Also, this is probably in the incorrect section. :p