PDA

View Full Version : b16: ignition & fuel upgrades

siir
10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
just wondering, for extensive modified B16 - is there any benefits of replacing:
- ITR Ignition
- ITR Fuel Rail
- ITR Fuel pressure regulator

* would this be straight bolt ons?
* is there anything missing for the complete set up?
* aslo where is the best place to get them and how much roughly?

** any pros & cons?
** note already replaced: ITR TB & Skunk2 manifold

cheers.

Project R
11-04-2009, 10:09 AM
i all depends on what you mean by extensive modified b16... just bolt on eg. I/E/H then i wouldn't really bother...
but if you know your running lean then yeah replace to itr injectors and fuel pump...

now i not to sure on this (someone correct me if im wrong) but the itr ignition, fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator are all kind of the same as other b series...

siir
12-04-2009, 01:16 AM
i all depends on what you mean by extensive modified b16... just bolt on eg. I/E/H then i wouldn't really bother...
but if you know your running lean then yeah replace to itr injectors and fuel pump...

now i not to sure on this (someone correct me if im wrong) but the itr ignition, fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator are all kind of the same as other b series...

well i know the ignition they are the same 240cc i think for all b series.. but i wonder if this would be any good for upgrades (meaning any diff in sum way coz its itr??

the rest im not too sure about the fuel rail and fuel regulator - considering its 1.8L so i assume its bigger??

- i/h/e and most itr internals ie. cam shaft, retainers, valve springs & adjustable cams.. with itr ecu

shadou
12-04-2009, 02:43 AM
well with your mods I wouldn't say extensively but do you actually have a need for an upgrade to it or just throwing it in there cos well you seem to have ITR gear ?
get a tune and see whether or not you need it in your case but imo I think the stock b16 can handle those fine.

siir
13-04-2009, 09:33 PM
well with your mods I wouldn't say extensively but do you actually have a need for an upgrade to it or just throwing it in there cos well you seem to have ITR gear ?
get a tune and see whether or not you need it in your case but imo I think the stock b16 can handle those fine.

np.. cheers..