PDA

View Full Version : mugen bodykit for 05 Euro?

_DjinX_
11-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Hi all,

i am new here, sorry if this has been asked many times,
i am looking to buy a mugen bodykit for my euro, does anyone know any where in Australia that i can get the 05 Mugen front lip? and does anyone has experience with the mugen front lip from http://www.nextmod.com/ or http://www.lipkit.ca/
because i asked nextmod for shipping to Australia but they said they must cut for lip into half for shipping, would it cost more for installation, i guess so?
i am planning to get the side skirts and rear lip from carmate,
and has anyone ordered the kits from them? are they good fitting and all?

Cheers!

Crapdaz
11-04-2009, 10:02 AM
carmate gives you alot of variety and all but fitment and quality is not the best, from my mate who installed a carmate kit (luckystar replica sides, rear and mugen front) on a euro said that the kit compared to mine was not as snug fit and had a fair few gaps here and there.

i am not sure about nextmod and lipkit.ca & cut in half?

Makes more trouble for yourself i reckon and ask them for more details on cutting in half? Cause the lipkit should be standalone unless they are physically chopping it and you have to fibreglass fill to connect them back up.

Yeh would but until you can clarify "CUT IN HALF".

_DjinX_
11-04-2009, 12:20 PM
thnx for the reply.
yeah..they said hey would need to physically cut it into half for shipping, then lay fibreglass behind the lip to join them together then use filler to fill us any space in the front of the lip, then sand and primer.
i think its gonna cost heaps more than just installing a full front lip kit..
oh yeah...and ur mate's car kit from carmate, would the gaps be mainly at the front because side and rear shouldnt be too much curve, or its just everywhere?
any would u recommend any shops sells mugen side and rear?

cheers

Crapdaz
11-04-2009, 12:32 PM
mainly the front.
and the rear bumper sat a bit funny as well cause of fitment problem.
im not too sure on who can sell it try contact "BODYFORM" i think they can source for you.

yeh cost cutting in shipment since AUD sucks.
Shipping large items cost a fortune.

Quang88
11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
check out http://www.jsai.net.au/, the guys name is josh, he does a good job, and doesnt involve any of this cutting in half business, im sure he could do a better price then carmate. My mate went to carmate when he wanted a kit for his s2k, all he got was bad customer service and a kit that didnt fit.

_DjinX_
11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
check out http://www.jsai.net.au/, the guys name is josh, he does a good job, and doesnt involve any of this cutting in half business, im sure he could do a better price then carmate. My mate went to carmate when he wanted a kit for his s2k, all he got was bad customer service and a kit that didnt fit.

thanks mate, i just ordered from them,
actually price turned out better then carmate,
hope the fitting goes out well...

giant_mongrel
12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
let us know how it goes

JN7
12-04-2009, 04:00 PM
thanks mate, i just ordered from them,
actually price turned out better then carmate,
hope the fitting goes out well...

how much did it cost you (including shipping)? if you don't mind me asking.

_DjinX_
12-04-2009, 06:11 PM
let us know how it goes

sure can..

it come to 580 with shipping(direct direct) but i paid 20 dollars extra to pay by paypal.
oh yeah, just the sides and back tho,
i am look to buy the front lip only,
looks like nextmod is my only option to get it,
or if anyone knows where to get the good replica front lip, please advise

Quang88
13-04-2009, 05:17 PM
jus so u guys know, painting and fitting is extra, details are all listed on the "Painting & Fitting" link under "News"

_DjinX_
13-04-2009, 06:28 PM
can anyone please advise me how much would it cost to paint and fit the whole lip kit,
so that i have a rough idea when going down to the panel beaters. thnx

Quang88
14-04-2009, 02:56 AM
well im pretty sure if ur buying it with josh at jsai, he could cut u a deal considering ur buying parts with him, give him a call because he does painting and fitting as well. if im not mistaken panel beaters would charge about 1k painting and fitting, but like i said josh will probably cut u a deal considering ur buying parts from him

_DjinX_
14-04-2009, 10:47 AM
hmm...but i live in melbourne tho
really 1k?...geez
needa save up money now