PDA

View Full Version : PWJDM Intake fowls bonnet.

JAP-S2K
11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Was wondering if anyone out there has a Password JDM intake on there car, if so? Did you have to cut the bonnet? I've adjusted the bonnet as per instructions and bonnet does close however intake still touches the bonnet. Not a major concern. Just wanted to see if others have had same problem. The section that is touching and is getting squshed is the section over the radiator support.

vyets
11-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Search it up in S2ki, afew people are having that problem with the PWJDM intakes. Btw MAD intake! I want one!

JAP-S2K
12-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah first thing i did was go on there. There are some that claim they had no problems and some having the same problems. I think the bonnet will need to be slightly trimmed. If it was my car the bonnet would have been cut. Yeah the intake is awesome and is massive, much larger than the J's Racing. It feels like it has made a difference, Drives well and sounds good. I'll post dyno results when car and dyno are available.

F20C
12-04-2009, 09:20 PM
how loud is it? would you say its louder then lets say a K&N?

vyets
12-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Doubt it k&n is a short ram with a open box it should be louder

JAP-S2K
12-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Nah nowhere near as loud, i've got an Injen on mine and it's a fair bit quieter on the inside. It does sound nice outside though, it does use a K&N filter.