PDA

View Full Version : Built B16... FPR questions ??

kraiye
12-04-2009, 10:22 AM
i got a built b16 - ctr pistons, worked head, intake, cams etc, upgraded fuel pump and 420cc injectors.
just wondering what sort of FPR - if any - should i be looking at to keep my injectors under control - especially at low rpm?
also, what sort of fuel pressures should i expect to be seeing?
is rising rate the way to go?
or stick with stock?
cheers

whtcrx
12-04-2009, 10:25 AM
stock B16 FPR will be plenty - people use them on boosted applications with no isues.

I wouldn't worry about it.

TODA AU
12-04-2009, 10:27 AM
With 420cc injectors the std reg will be more than enough.

FWIW, with a B16 without a capacity increase,
You'd likley make better power with std injectors & an adjustable linear rate reg (EG: SARD)
The fuel pressure seen this way can be as high or higher than 75psi.
A good pump (EG: Walbro high pressure 255L/Hr) is required.
420cc injectors such as RDX sould be used with 55psi rail pressure for best results.
Most other injectors are rated at 43.5psi.
Some work better at high rail pressures, some don't.
Most tend to dribble at low rail pressures.

kraiye
12-04-2009, 11:57 AM
thnx heaps guys.
i had the 420's lying round at the time and my tuner said i should use them over standard ones. should i look for a new tuner?? adrian perhaps? lol
i might go for a drive and get my mate to watch the figures on the injectors when i floor it.
also, what pressure is the stock FPR? i read this about 6 months ago but forgot.

Benson
12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
We had a similar set-up to you last year in our EG. We ran 310cc injectors on the A-sport ITB's with the combination of E85 (30% more fuel). So i think stock injectors and FPR is more than enough for your type of set-up