PDA

View Full Version : recaros and look alikes

Surrufus
28-10-2004, 05:30 PM
where oh where in my fair city (perth) do i get cheap sport recliners?

bird
28-10-2004, 05:33 PM
depends what you think is cheap, places like autobarn, repco, etc have cheap bucket seats.

Baopham
28-10-2004, 05:38 PM
yup.. autobarn and repco are ur best bet for some cheap seats

Lyle_Style
28-10-2004, 06:10 PM
yeh for sure, you can pick up a set of monzas with some rails for a bit over $500
and those things are very comfortable, A much better buy then recaros since they feel just as good and 1/4 or the price :)

Surrufus
28-10-2004, 06:53 PM
cool... thanx fellas

SiR
28-10-2004, 09:59 PM
I sat in some Autotecnica Monza's the other day and it felt weird. The shoulder area was tighter than the side bolsters which meant I had no support around the waist, yet I could barely fit myself in between the shoulder bolsters. Mind you, this was the demo seats they had on display so maybe they're different from the 'real' thing?! :confused:

NeoNode
28-10-2004, 10:00 PM
www.sscus.com.my

Dunno how much these seats cost though.

mytoycivic
28-10-2004, 10:10 PM
yeh i am wondering how much it actually makes a difference, comfort wise, to get the recaros over the much cheaper variants...the Monza brand stuff is actually very good so i wouldnt be surprised if they were as comfortable as the recaros

rAySiR
28-10-2004, 11:35 PM
i think the main difference between expensive seats like recaro on cheaper brand is the weight of the seat.... (plz correct me if i'm wrong)...

SiR
28-10-2004, 11:39 PM
And don't forget to check if they're ADR approved ;)

mytoycivic
29-10-2004, 12:25 AM
so how do you find out if they are ADR approved or not????????

Civic Type R
29-10-2004, 12:38 AM
Ive seen recaros come and go here in Perth. You can find a set without rails for about $750. That is if you know where to look and if someone hasnt already beaten you to them ;)

29-10-2004, 10:27 AM
i fink ish al about quality for sure,. ish stuff like wats inside the seat not only the material to cover it.. stuff like support and material and weight is something to consider too... :D

and also how much yo wanna spent! rails and all :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Lyle_Style
29-10-2004, 05:34 PM
tru dude, they are real tight across the shoulders, i guess they are only good for real small people. I am a pretty small bloke with small sholders so they are real good for me. but i guess if u got a bit of size on ya then they prolly wont be :(
either way they just take getting use to as well

I sat in some Autotecnica Monza's the other day and it felt weird. The shoulder area was tighter than the side bolsters which meant I had no support around the waist, yet I could barely fit myself in between the shoulder bolsters. Mind you, this was the demo seats they had on display so maybe they're different from the 'real' thing?! :confused:

Type R Positive
29-10-2004, 08:38 PM
SAAS seats are not bad quality, Australian made too. When you say cheap, don't skimp on quality. You could end up a vegetable in a crash.

Type R Positive
29-10-2004, 08:44 PM
i think the main difference between expensive seats like recaro on cheaper brand is the weight of the seat.... (plz correct me if i'm wrong)... Recaro's are engineered to be strong and all stress points are reinforced. They have extreme quality control, as well as various certifications. They might be expensive, but these are worth the money. These seats are made with form and function in mind.

Cheap knock off seats are only made with one thing in mind, maximum profits.

SiR
30-10-2004, 12:21 AM
tru dude, they are real tight across the shoulders, i guess they are only good for real small people. I am a pretty small bloke with small sholders so they are real good for me. but i guess if u got a bit of size on ya then they prolly wont be :(
either way they just take getting use to as well

Interesting....I'm not that big, nor broad...yet I really had problems squeezing my shoulders in between the shoulder bolsters. Plus the fact that my waist area got no support whatsoever cos the side bolsters were a lot further apart made things very weird...but anyhow, thanks for confirming that for me! :)

[ slayer ]
30-10-2004, 06:26 PM
so how do you find out if they are ADR approved or not????????

as far as im aware, all autotecnica (aka monza) seats are adr approved.
so they should all be safe enough in a crash, not real point spending more that 4x the cost to get the name "recaro" on ur seats... IMO

SiR JDM
30-10-2004, 06:59 PM
If theyre sold in autobahn and stuff they should be shouldn't they?

Or is that just wishful thinking that a well known and established franchise would not sell something that wouldn't be ADR approved?

Couped Up
31-10-2004, 11:49 AM
you guys know where uMM shift performance center ish they have nice imo bucks seat and its cheap... check out teh site www.shiftperformance.com.au

SiR
31-10-2004, 12:57 PM
you guys know where uMM shift performance center ish they have nice imo bucks seat and its cheap... check out teh site www.shiftperformance.com.au

I doubt they're ADR approved though...

Shift Performance Parts
Shop 4/175 Hume Highway
Lansvale, N.S.W 2166

BlitZ
03-11-2004, 11:06 AM
the autobanh seats are ADR approved.
The difference b.w recaros and other branded seats compared to non-branded seats is the quality and comfort.

the better one normallly come with a better more sturdier flip mechanism (at the shoulders for recaros and some brides).

Recaro sr's are really heavy in weight. But are really comfortable for long trips when u compare them to rexy recaros

ngh_r
05-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Hey Surrufus,

I have sets of brand new recliner seats for sale that come in 4 different models.

I just sold a pair to a guy yesterday who has a Civic just like you.

The seats are from $750 a pair including rails depending on model. They are almost a direct bolt in for Civics. You can have a look at the seats in the guys civic if you are interested as we also installed them yesterday .

I am also putting a set in my car next week which you may have seen, the orange NGH WRX, it will be at the rexpo car show if you want to look at the seats there. My girlfriend owns a black S2000 and I used to own a Civic myself and that is why I am on the forum.

You can contact me via email on selectac@iinet.net.au or call us on 0405 060 134

Thanks Nat.

silvia200sx
05-11-2004, 02:15 PM
i had some older type recaros, didnt know wat the model was but pl still have it in their drift cars in japan, yeh they hug u in well, and i think u pay for the quality and reliability....and obvios the brand name RECARO, they were reclinable too, so i guess if u want reclinable with big name brans, its gonna b expensive but u pay for what u get

LatinoHatchCrap
05-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Recaro Make The Safest Seats In The World Period. If You're Serious About Your Car And If Plan To Track I Wouldnt Even Go Comparing Anything And Just Buy Some Recaros.