PDA

View Full Version : Little Help?

pyro trim tech
13-04-2009, 09:48 AM
hey just joined up here. was wondering if anyone can help me. ive got a CD5 accord (F22B) and ive got a v-con buddy club vtec controller for it, had it all going but whenever vtec engages now i get major lean out, does anyone know if i need an aftrmrkt fuel reg or anything, mate has same one on his del-sol crx and had no drama's with his and his is stock too.

If anyone has any ideas pls post, much appreciated.
Thanks.
Pyro

FAT VTI
17-04-2009, 02:04 PM
rip out the vtec controller.

CRXer
17-04-2009, 02:36 PM
yup....as above

best advice if engine is internally stock & no other aftermarket control of fuel & spark is present

attach wire cutters to wires,
press hard to cut wires,
take v-con to rubbish bin & dispose of responsibly(or sell it to some other poor sucker trying to ruin there otherwise good stock motor)

joey99
17-04-2009, 02:41 PM
exactly what I though ... those things are rubbish.

CB7_OWNER
19-04-2009, 08:02 PM
as above, rip it out.. changing vtec xover.. on a stock engine is stupid.

pyro trim tech
25-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey, umm thanks for the help guys but was actually looking for a way of saving the vtec controller. hoping to just get a bit of adjustment on the stock motor for a bit of fun, rather than anything else. anything in regards to using the vcon would be appreciated greatly. cheers.

CRXer
25-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Hey, umm thanks for the help guys but was actually looking for a way of saving the vtec controller. hoping to just get a bit of adjustment on the stock motor for a bit of fun, rather than anything else. anything in regards to using the vcon would be appreciated greatly. cheers.

hate to burst ya bubble but adjusting vtec point from stock setting on stock motor will lose u power,guaranteed,is that ur idea of fun?

FAT VTI
26-04-2009, 04:54 PM
as stated in your first reply by me....rip it out.
I understand why u want the vtec controller and how on some vtec engine cars u can have more fun by setting it lower...
however, the f22b1 stock is a good motor, there is not need to change the vtec point in it, you will have no more fun and you will not result in any gain whatsoever.
In fact, the f22b1 has alot of torque compared to other vtec's anyways, you should be able to have a bit of fun.

pyro trim tech
27-04-2009, 10:04 AM
as stated in your first reply by me....rip it out.
I understand why u want the vtec controller and how on some vtec engine cars u can have more fun by setting it lower...
however, the f22b1 stock is a good motor, there is not need to change the vtec point in it, you will have no more fun and you will not result in any gain whatsoever.
In fact, the f22b1 has alot of torque compared to other vtec's anyways, you should be able to have a bit of fun.

Thanks for the advice man. yeh i have got it disconnected already, just thought might be some use for it, but i wont bother with it any more. Thanks

pyro trim tech
27-04-2009, 10:06 AM
hate to burst ya bubble but adjusting vtec point from stock setting on stock motor will lose u power,guaranteed,is that ur idea of fun?

Thanks. no need to get upset. was just after some insight man.

zillacles
27-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey is that your CD5 in your avatar?

pyro trim tech
08-05-2009, 07:58 PM
yep
photo is from my hot4s shoot

FAT VTI
08-05-2009, 08:36 PM
issue number?

mr_vti_s
08-05-2009, 11:30 PM
yep
photo is from my hot4s shoot

i remember this car i got the issue of this mag awesome ride dude i like the air bags..

pyro trim tech
19-05-2009, 06:41 AM
no. 161 its on the front cover bottom corner.

pyro trim tech
19-05-2009, 06:44 AM
i remember this car i got the issue of this mag awesome ride dude i like the air bags..

cylinders dude, air cylinders. bags are shit on this setup. the bag struts for em dont have nearly as much travel.

mr_vti_s
19-05-2009, 07:16 PM
cylinders dude, air cylinders. bags are shit on this setup. the bag struts for em dont have nearly as much travel.

opps my bad..