PDA

View Full Version : Apexi afc neo???

VT33EC
13-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi my engine is now in the proccess of getting rebuild with 10grand worth of after market parts and im really interested on the Apexi afc neo controllers.what is its funtion? featues? what does it do? all i know about it is you can alter your vtec engagement point with it which what caught my attention....is it really worth it,i mean i would love to alter my vtec kick in earlier like 3500rpm,if this is possible will this have any problems with the engine reving out ability?.........does any one out there have them are they really worth the money??

much help will be appreciated.

migoreng
13-04-2009, 01:35 PM
you are spending 10k on your engine..get a proper ecu is what most people would say..

i have one..monitors rpm, throttle, battery and can drop/raise vtec crossover and also hi-low cam.
it's not tuned yet but it does something like tricking the engine into thinking it's not working as hard and therefore injects less fuel.

VTECnique
13-04-2009, 04:11 PM
^^ correct

Although an AFC alters airflow/fuel/whatever, it doesnt do the ignition timing. they call it an 'AFC hack' for a reason...

Hondata S300 FTW!

preludacris
13-04-2009, 05:23 PM
lol ditto. 10k of engine mods will be wasted with piggy back apexi neo

Riviera
13-04-2009, 05:49 PM
may we ask what parts and what you are actually doing to the motor???

will we see a build thread??? would be good to see some power figures after the work :thumbsup::thumbsup:

VT33EC
14-04-2009, 11:49 AM
may we ask what parts and what you are actually doing to the motor???

will we see a build thread??? would be good to see some power figures after the work :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well allmotor is my aim for my H22A,so a bit of a major overhaul of the internals.

port and polished heads
bore and honed 20thou
linished crank
injen cold air intake
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 throttle body
skunk2 cams
skunk2 cam gears
head gasket
valve springs
eagle H beam conrod
conrod bearings
forgies CP pistons 12:1 compression
ARP head studs
xfore extractors
spoon tourqe damper
varex muffler
EMS stinger ecu

all the health engine components oil cooler,catch can,breather tank.theres proli more to add to the list.but you guys got the point.

All i want to know is it healthy altering vtec engagement earlier?and if so will it affect the rev range,ive already bought the AFC Apexi controller,but stupid of me i didnt do any research on them and what they do or if they help the engine in any way.what attracted me to it is like i say again is altering vtec X over,i would really love to have it set on 3500 rpm.

aaronng
14-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Well allmotor is my aim for my H22A,so a bit of a major overhaul of the internals.

port and polished heads
bore and honed 20thou
linished crank
injen cold air intake
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 throttle body
skunk2 cams
skunk2 cam gears
head gasket
valve springs
eagle H beam conrod
conrod bearings
forgies CP pistons 12:1 compression
ARP head studs
xfore extractors
spoon tourqe damper
varex muffler
EMS stinger ecu

all the health engine components oil cooler,catch can,breather tank.theres proli more to add to the list.but you guys got the point.

All i want to know is it healthy altering vtec engagement earlier?and if so will it affect the rev range,ive already bought the AFC Apexi controller,but stupid of me i didnt do any research on them and what they do or if they help the engine in any way.what attracted me to it is like i say again is altering vtec X over,i would really love to have it set on 3500 rpm.
That is a nice list, and it would be wasted on an Apexi Neo or AFC. A list like that deserves an S300, and that gives you full control over the tuning side at a tuner that is Hondata-capable, and also lets your tuner raise or lower the VTEC engagement point to one that is suitable for the parts and tune.

Edit: Looking at the EMS stinger, it has 2 auxilary outputs, which you can use to trigger VTEC at a set RPM point. So you might not need the Apexi AFC/Neo anyway.

Limbo
14-04-2009, 01:38 PM
PFC is also a good option