PDA

View Full Version : ITR Cluster....Need some opinions

F.O.B Squad
14-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Hey guys,

Just would like to know which would be a better option for me to do once i get an ITR cluster.
I want to keep my originals km's on the odometer and was wondering how i can go about it and what would be the better option between these two atm, unless anyone else has a better idea.

Either have the ITR cluster and replace the odometer with my current odmeter (if it is possible)
Or buy an ITR cluster with high amount of km's and wind it forward to the km's i have atm.

I know winding the odometer is bad when doing it backwards but how about forwards?

Any links for these at all?

Any help would be appreciated.

90LAN
14-04-2009, 10:32 AM
how many k's you have
u could post in wanted section for roughly amount of ks u wnat on the itr cluster
tampering with the odometer is illegal
and would not recoomend it

IZY-10
14-04-2009, 10:40 AM
just use a drill to make them higher Rene

F.O.B Squad
14-04-2009, 11:59 AM
How bout swapping the odometers over?

Lowa
17-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I think the only way to swap the ODO over without damaging anything is to bring the whole speedo gauge over, meaning it'll look a bit off in regards to the design. But no doubt it'll fit and work.

tekung89
17-04-2009, 02:00 PM
winding the odometer eitherway is illegal

STiR
17-04-2009, 03:10 PM
A lot of things people do to their cars are illegal. In the past, mucking with odometers was for the purpose of cheating people. Now with driveline swaps and cluster changes that's irrelevant. Changing your cluster should be illegal in that case.

F.O.B Squad
17-04-2009, 10:58 PM
I know that winding it back is illegal. But I'd want to wind one forward to the originals km's that i have so that if someone for example buys the car or mechanics looks at the car for some reason, then it'll still have the original km's.
Save the hassle of having to explain myself and showing proof and documentation.
Meh i'll ask around i guess.

CRXer
17-04-2009, 11:11 PM
changing odo's between the 2 clusters`is easy enough,the only problem being,u need to remove the speedo needle to get access to the screws to do it,

recalibrating the needle is easy enough if u have datalogging or similar or just drive along side someone at 60k's & pop the needle back on as such.

F.O.B Squad
17-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Sorry dude is that to swap clusters and the odometers or just straight swap of clusters?

CRXer
17-04-2009, 11:23 PM
thats if u want to put your existing odo into the new ITR cluster,like u asked in point 1 of your first post

F.O.B Squad
17-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Oh yep sorry my bad. Just wanted to confirm.
So you done this before i'm assuming?

CRXer
17-04-2009, 11:33 PM
yes i have

i thought i had a dud speedo,so i swapped the speedo unit between the DC2 & DC2R clusters i had at the time,but it just turned out that someone had just put the needle back on incorrectly of the DC2R cluster i bought.

u have to remove the needle & peel off the face plate of the speedo to get access to the 2 screws that hold the speedo/odo unit to the cluster face.

F.O.B Squad
17-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh ok cheers mate. Thanks for your help.