PDA

View Full Version : Steering Lock Ticking noise after 32k, warranty repair? or not?

JaBriX
14-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Peeps,

Just bought a 2nd hand accord euro MY06 lux with 31k on it. After driving it for 1000 kms I start to notice ticking/clicking noise from the steering on full lock during reverse parking.

I rang the dealer to check it, he said if its a mechanical failure I have to pay for the repair ... Does this sound correct?

The car comes with 5 yrs warranty from the previous owner (original Honda paperworks and services all done by Honda)

I thought this should be covered under warranty?

Has anyone else got a warranty repair done for the same/similar problem?

Thanks.

Darkii_
14-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Not sure if it's the same thing, but my car started to squeak a bit full lock + moving slowly. I think it has stopped now havent noticed it in awhile.

Thread on something similar:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89893&highlight=creaking+steering

aaronng
14-04-2009, 04:05 PM
It should be covered under warranty. Make sure the remaining Honda warranty is transferred to your name from the previous owner.

Is the clicking ticking noise there when you use the indicators or when the indicators are off?

JaBriX
14-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, I have faxed the 'Change of registered owner' to Honda HQ in Melb and called Honda 1800 support line. They say the warranty status is all OK, its now depends whether the dealer will count this as manufacturing fault or mechanical fault.

The noise comes from outside the car from the front wheel area, does not matter if the indicators are on or off.

tony1234
14-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes, I have faxed the 'Change of registered owner' to Honda HQ in Melb and called Honda 1800 support line. They say the warranty status is all OK, its now depends whether the dealer will count this as manufacturing fault or mechanical fault.

The noise comes from outside the car from the front wheel area, does not matter if the indicators are on or off.
I can't see why it wouldn't be covered under warranty.If the service dept.are being difficult go elsewhere.

aaronng
14-04-2009, 05:12 PM

Then I would go to another dealer asking them to diagnose it and tell them you are under warranty.

JaBriX
14-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

I am bringing it to Scotts Honda at Artarmon next Monday. I will post the outcome to share with everyone.

JaBriX
23-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Update:

Drop the car off at Scotts Honda Artarmon Monday morning, went for a test drive with one of the techie to show the noise.

Got the car back at the end of the day and they said they could not identify the exact problem. :zip:

On the job report they seems to take everything apart from the front right wheel area (wheels, brake calipers / pads, cv boot, and drive shaft) re-tension and lubricate everything. All done under warranty.

Problem solved for now. :cool:

devilians
23-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Not sure if it's the same thing, but my car started to squeak a bit full lock + moving slowly. I think it has stopped now havent noticed it in awhile.

Thread on something similar:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89893&highlight=creaking+steering

I had the samething took my car back to Honda and they told me was steering rack, anyway they replaced it for free so I was happy with it.
However my old car "crappy lancer" had the samething but all they did was replace the power steering oil and it never happen again after that the only difference was Mitsubishi charge me for the oil

aaronng
23-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Update:

Drop the car off at Scotts Honda Artarmon Monday morning, went for a test drive with one of the techie to show the noise.

Got the car back at the end of the day and they said they could not identify the exact problem. :zip:

On the job report they seems to take everything apart from the front right wheel area (wheels, brake calipers / pads, cv boot, and drive shaft) re-tension and lubricate everything. All done under warranty.

Problem solved for now. :cool:

So the ticking sound is gone?