PDA

View Full Version : Scissor/Lambo Doors

djaddam
16-04-2009, 12:27 AM
hey guys just wondering does any1 know were to get scissor doors done at.. im in NSW liverpool area if any1 knows a place i would like there number and were there at thnx

Moey.C
16-04-2009, 12:53 AM
lol just get a sera :P

but u could try jetspeed who i kno do bodykits. im pretty sure they deal/dealt with this sorta stuff before

carmate might also.. if they dont do it ask if theyv dealt with this stuff before and if they knew any1 who did do this stuff

pretty sure ull find ur answer there

kcokla
16-04-2009, 01:08 AM
there was a guy on here who wanted to trade his door kit things for standard ones
check in the want to buy section, probably many pages back,

EK1.6LCIV
16-04-2009, 08:10 AM
just make sure its legal in your state as in QLD to the best of my knowledge up to a few yrs ago you couldnt have them installed anymore as they werent safe in the event of a side/front collision (jaws of life would take longer to work, more time for sawing out the doors, basic safety more than anything else)

I'd call up the RTO and ask them before modding in this fashion

rpm boy
16-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Adam, but them off ebay america and ill do it for u, there a defect like ur seats though :p

Type S Tony
16-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Lambo Doors are cool!

Scott.QQ
16-04-2009, 04:15 PM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5756/lambodoorssoplayedout.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lambodoorssoplayedout.jpg)

...couldn't help myself.

rpm boy
16-04-2009, 04:19 PM
well they are good for when u go to leichartd and your stupid passanger opens the door they dont smash it on the 10tf high gutters and bends the bottom of your door

Type S Tony
16-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Lambo Doors = Girls having sex with you!

Latino CRX
16-04-2009, 06:36 PM
haha yeh lambo gallardos dont come with scissor doors .. trust me i nilly bought one bac in 2007 .. i wasnt over the age of 30 to get insurance :( .. so got another 5 years to go

easiest way buy a kit and find someone that can install them its not that hard .. longest bit prob not that long is cuttin and wiriing up extended lines for the doors ..

sifnt
16-04-2009, 07:16 PM
a friend of mind had lambo door for a short period on his ek. ended up damaging his door and front fender because the hinges couldn't handle the weight.

short gain = sex
long term = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Scott.QQ
16-04-2009, 10:52 PM
haha yeh lambo gallardos dont come with scissor doors .. trust me i nilly bought one bac in 2007 .. i wasnt over the age of 30 to get insurance :( .. so got another 5 years to go

easiest way buy a kit and find someone that can install them its not that hard .. longest bit prob not that long is cuttin and wiriing up extended lines for the doors ..

Lol... So you just settled for a honda?

djaddam
16-04-2009, 11:53 PM
thnx for the help guys umm would you recomend anything else besides this kind of door style

Petronas
17-04-2009, 12:02 AM

Lol... So you just settled for a honda?

lol that's what I thought....

Who knows, me may still be baller... just his parents not willing to fork out yet...

Lukey
17-04-2009, 12:08 AM
thnx for the help guys umm would you recomend anything else besides this kind of door style

suicide doors?

djaddam
17-04-2009, 11:09 AM
sum pix would be gud thnx guys....there is a reason why i might go lambo its bcoz the car is an average tight fit in the garage its not to tight but tight you everytime i have to get out i ahve to be carful i dnt hit the wall when i get out every time....so yeh though if i get lambo doors i would have that prob and it will look mad aswel....

EK1.6LCIV
17-04-2009, 11:12 AM
my mate gets out of his Chevy thro the window in his garage, lol

Type S Tony
17-04-2009, 11:17 AM

Yeah i was about to buy a Gallardo aswell but as soon as i found out no lamborghini doors i was just like "Nah man..........." so i settled for a DC5 instead!;)

kriZy
17-04-2009, 11:36 AM
this is not for a person called lan is it?

hotdc2
18-04-2009, 12:08 AM
sum pix would be gud thnx guys....there is a reason why i might go lambo its bcoz the car is an average tight fit in the garage its not to tight but tight you everytime i have to get out i ahve to be carful i dnt hit the wall when i get out every time....so yeh though if i get lambo doors i would have that prob and it will look mad aswel....

how low is the ceiling in the garage? might be a tight fit in terms of height make sure you do measurements etc before you go forking out alot of money for something that leaves you worse off than before!

redefine
18-04-2009, 01:16 PM

or delorian doors!

djaddam
18-04-2009, 04:17 PM
how low is the ceiling in the garage? might be a tight fit in terms of height make sure you do measurements etc before you go forking out alot of money for something that leaves you worse off than before!

yeh true well the ceiling is pretty high in the garage it higher then the ceiling in my house so is shuld be ohk but yeh i will take measurements just incase

Eckerz
18-04-2009, 07:54 PM
hey guys just wondering does any1 know were to get scissor doors done at.. im in NSW liverpool area if any1 knows a place i would like there number and were there at thnx
Check inmotive.com.au there should be one for your EK. PM me if you want the mobile no of the business owner, I know him, bought my KW coilovers from him.

Latino CRX
19-04-2009, 07:51 PM
haha yeh well this is my 10th car in couple years ..

plus i just sold my unit not that long ago down on broadwater on gold coast ..

u can say s*** about me all u want but Ryan (EK1.6) no's who i am .. ;)

BURST
19-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah i was about to buy a Gallardo aswell but as soon as i found out no lamborghini doors i was just like "Nah man..........." so i settled for a DC5 instead!;)

Honda, second only to a Lamborghini. :L

bc143
19-04-2009, 08:11 PM
was the one your friend hv got a gas strut aid to support the door?

Moey.C
20-04-2009, 02:46 AM
i wreckon save ur money on he doors because they will be a looottt of money

spend this money on work 2 ur car... if u wanna loook mad. nice coilovers or new rims or something.. or enginework

if u wanna be safei n the garage just glue something soft to ur garage walla where the door would hit the wall... something spongy and soft.. that will not damage the door.. just 1 strip on the wall would be fine for that..

Type S Tony
21-04-2009, 10:15 AM
haha yeh well this is my 10th car in couple years ..

plus i just sold my unit not that long ago down on broadwater on gold coast ..

u can say s*** about me all u want but Ryan (EK1.6) no's who i am .. ;)

HAha, Dude No way, The Lamborghini was meant to be my 10th car also but the DC5 stole my heart,

Plus i just sold my penthouse down the end of Macquarie street a few weeks ago.

Dw, let these blokes talk as much shit as they like, 45SET Knows who i am!

EK1.6LCIV
23-04-2009, 11:41 AM
if u get delorean doors it'll be just as big of a lemon as a delorean, the damn things were so bad u couldnt park near anyone lol

warwick108
23-04-2009, 12:34 PM
I just sold my 88% share of microsoft and 78% share of ikea. and instead of a murcielago i bought a fd1.. why pay 600k for a 2 door car.. when i can pay 25k for a 4 door? i pay less money and get more doors.. common sense.. and more cup holders.. ^^

Type S Tony
23-04-2009, 02:06 PM
I just sold my 88% share of microsoft and 78% share of ikea. and instead of a murcielago i bought a fd1.. why pay 600k for a 2 door car.. when i can pay 25k for a 4 door? i pay less money and get more doors.. common sense.. and more cup holders.. ^^

Oh, and their you have it people! Logic above anything else! Did u get a good price on your 88% share cause when i sold my 12% the market was supposedly down! But ey dw when we both turn 30 well go murchielargo/gallardo shopping together!

liquid23
23-04-2009, 04:41 PM
i have lambo doors, gets annoying sometimes. also if people don't know how to close it it goes BANG trying to close it cause it wasn't aligned when they were closing the door. total cost was 1.7k fitted (on FD).
i don't know any places where you live but just my 2 cents on having lambo doors. Plus during wear and tear the gas struts need to be replaced as they lose pressure.

Type S Tony
23-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Any Pics??

liquid23
23-04-2009, 05:06 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69309&page=295