PDA

View Full Version : 30,000km service

FDCivic
16-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Southside honda quoted me $308 for the service of my 07 FD civic. I then asked for new wiper blades ($50 including installations) and a wheel alignment ($66). In total its gonna cost me $424. is it really worth goin to the dealer or should i go to my local mechanic. The only reason why im having trouble choosing is because I also asked them to check out my gearbox because of the occasional sticky gears and they said they'll inspect it and if theyre in fault, it would be replaced or repaired under warranty.

Wat do you guys think i should do? Dealer or local trusted mechanic?

EP3EVA
16-04-2009, 06:27 PM
local trusted mechanic!!!

And dealer just for the gearbox thingy....

sirdistik
16-04-2009, 06:59 PM
It's worth shopping around for prices between dealers. i've just had my 30,000km for my FD2 costing $228, while another dealer wanted $296 ? I personally go back to their (authorised) service centres in case taking it to someone else voids the warranty. Can anyone confirm?

Point is, quote different dealers. just call up.

renegadeice
16-04-2009, 07:09 PM
FDCivic, what do you mean by your sticky gears problem? I sometimes have problems putting the car in gear (2nd gear mostly). It goes in partially. I've actually had it in second for like 5 secs or so, then suddenly it pops out! Is this the same problem you're referring to?

sirdistik, I talked at length to my dealer about this. In terms of where you service the car, they can only void your warranty if they can prove that the car faults were due to improper servicing. They claim that cars with a full service log showing that you always get your car serviced at the dealer is worth more on the second hand market. Which has some truth in it, particularly if you (or anyone you know) has heard anything about Moe's Magical Mechanic Shop.

FDCivic
17-04-2009, 02:34 PM
FDCivic, what do you mean by your sticky gears problem? I sometimes have problems putting the car in gear (2nd gear mostly). It goes in partially. I've actually had it in second for like 5 secs or so, then suddenly it pops out! Is this the same problem you're referring to?

Yeah, thats exactly what is happening to my car. When compared to my friends brand new civic, i felt a significant difference between our boxes, especially in 2nd. If it is happening to ur civic, im guessing it could be a common fault unless we're both crappy drivers and i'm assuming we cant be that bad lol.

I called up highway honda for last service and they were a bit cheaper but southside told me that they could be using cheaper oils etc, but then i had a think bout it and figured that they were lying to me. might give highway honda a go this time.

warwick108
20-04-2009, 11:56 PM
30,000km service.. is that same as the 10,000km service? just some check ups..change oil filter.. and some oil..?

FDCivic
20-04-2009, 11:59 PM
yea it is.

i found out wat the problem was. they put my car down as an 06 model and apparently that model doesnt have the long life oil filter the 07+ models have and therefore costs more. i have a feeling they mustve put in an 06 filter into my car from the last service so i will enquire about that wen i drop it off.

but southside honda gladly beat highway hondas price so im just paying $190 for the service instead of the usual $205

warwick108
21-04-2009, 12:09 AM
205 sounds alot for a service.. im checking the service history now... and it cost us 189..=).. i bargained around 3 stores.. 20,000km should be the same price as 30,000 if the service is exactly the same

renegadeice
21-04-2009, 07:11 PM
FDCivic, did you get them to look into the gear problem? I could never re-produce the problem to even show it to them.

FDCivic
21-04-2009, 07:23 PM
goin in tomorrow to get it checked out renegadeice. happened only once yesterday, lets hope it happens again during testing tomorrow ahaha

FDCivic
22-04-2009, 06:51 PM
got it serviced foe 242 inc. the wiper blades. They didnt find any problems with the gear box but asked if i could come back if it plays up again. they also didnt like how low my car was i.e. 14cm high at the front with the mugen lip and asked if i could heighten it. said it couldnt get up the wheel alignment ramp lol. if anyone could recommend me a place in brisbane that has a flat wheel alignment machine, please reply to this thread asap.

the mechanic said: "that car isnt a sports car, it's a passenger car", when i asked if i should set the camber back to stock, he recommended me to put stock suspension parts on it. lol

markCivicVti
22-04-2009, 07:00 PM
LOL... what a jerk the mechanic was

JOhnnyFD
22-04-2009, 07:02 PM
haha... wouldnt want to go to that mechanic.. seein how my car is.. he'll prob rip into me and i'll be lik .. 'f!@# u'

FDCivic
22-04-2009, 07:35 PM
ahaha i know, kept goin about how the cambers screwing up my tyre wear and all that camber does is increase handling... i think that was point of installing coilovers LOL. he also kept goin on about how ive wrecked the entire geometry of the car...

these honda mechanics need to get use to us youngin's doing up our "passenger cars".

renegadeice
23-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey FDCivic. Thanks heaps for the heads up. If i make any progress with mine, i'll let you know ;)