PDA

View Full Version : car alarm for Jazz VTi

pinkhyori
19-04-2009, 02:08 AM
I understand the current model of Jazz VTis come with an alarm and immobliser as standard. Is this enough for car security? Or do I need to invest in an aftermarket product? If so, what's a good aftermarket car security system which will work with the factory keys? I know Mongoose has a 'factory-upgrade' available but that's about the only one I've seen so far.

rossw
20-04-2009, 09:32 AM
I understand the current model of Jazz VTis come with an alarm and immobliser as standard. Is this enough for car security? Or do I need to invest in an aftermarket product? If so, what's a good aftermarket car security system which will work with the factory keys? I know Mongoose has a 'factory-upgrade' available but that's about the only one I've seen so far.

Apart from some kind of back to base monitoring, remote shut-off or glass breakage, the factory alarm does what any aftermarket alarm would do.

With the immobiliser, the only way anyone can steal your car is if they pick it up with a crane or get hold of your keys.

If you need to protect against picking up with a crane, I suggest insurance is the best way to deal with this risk for a car like the Jazz.

Once someone gets hold of your keys, no alarm will help you unless you have vehicle tracking. Again, look after your keys and buy insurance.

All of the above assumes your car is otherwise standard. If you have some expensive rice on it, you might want to consider a tracker.

p.terribilis
28-04-2009, 05:57 PM
I've never had "expensive rice" on any of my cars (03 RSX-S, 07 Forester XT, 89 CRX B16A, or my new 09 VTIS) but I believe in a great security system. A security system should not just be something that protects you from theft, but also gives you piece of mind that things that are under the $500 or whatever your deductable is can also be covered by empowering the individual to know when there car has been tampered with.

I am currently in a dilema myself on security systems but will always be true to Directed Products. I have already purchased a number of devices but after investigation the main alarm is more than what I bargained for with regards to installation challenges. This is due to the Jazz being "CAN" bus from what I have been told. Only upgrade alarms will work without much modification. So this means I must sell my Clifford 50.7X and get a Clifford Factory Upgrade kit and add my other items to it which include (voice module - for fun ), proximity sensor ( keep away and don't get too close ), and remote start (for those really cold mornings in the hills of Brisvegas west).

A quick story: I had a DC5-S Arctic Blue Pearl in the USA with Injen CAI, Progress Sport Springs, and a VAFC along with a exy JL / Alpine setup (all concealed) with the exception of the HU. Anyway one day my RSX3.5 system beeped me while I was in the office saying that one of the sensors had gone off. I rushed outside to find a guy with a pencil eraser trying to rub the white paint off my car in two spots on the passenger side door. After telling the guy he was going to pay for the damage (including two sizeable dents him and his kids made) it ended up costing HIM over 800$USD to get my doors fix and repainted the entire right side of my car. Now...if I wouldn't have had my alarm system...this would have been at least $300 or more out of my pocket and a tick in the "have you had any claims" box on my insurance policy. Well worth my $350 spent on alarm + installation.