PDA

View Full Version : oil sump

connorling
19-04-2009, 03:27 AM
hi there, i need to increase the oil pressure for my oil cooler set up, i have seen the thread about how to do so, i need to take the oil sump off, but after i un done all the nuts and bolts, this metal is still holding the sump, (near the clutch)

how should i take the sump off??????

DLO01
19-04-2009, 07:43 PM
As said in the other thread, you need to take that bottom gearbox/clutch cover off to access more sump bolts/nuts. Then you can take off the sump. Easy. :thumbsup:

bennjamin
19-04-2009, 08:07 PM
As said in the other thread, you need to take that bottom gearbox/clutch cover off to access more sump bolts/nuts. Then you can take off the sump. Easy. :thumbsup:

If not done - you also need to take the lower section of the header off too (or the entire header if its a single piece like a 4-1)

connorling
20-04-2009, 02:20 AM

do i need to drain the gearbox oil???

DLO01
20-04-2009, 06:45 AM
No, your just taking the cover off the bottom. Thats all it really is, a cover. :thumbsup:

claymore
20-04-2009, 06:00 PM
There is no reason to increase your oil pressure if you already have readings of 50-70 psi that is perfect for a Honda engine. Any higher is just a waste and will decrease kw.

dumped echo
20-04-2009, 06:51 PM
yeah should hook up the oil pressure gauge first to check pressure. You'll need to check it as you adjust the pressure anyway.
And yeah as stated above, remove the clutch cover and exhaust. No need to drain gearbox but definately drain the engine oil...lol