PDA

View Full Version : suspension n tuning need help on prices

MrSlpa
20-04-2009, 08:29 AM
how much would i be lookin at for a set of coil-overs? ??
also wats ecu should i go for ?
i gota ej8 wit a engine conversion (frankenstien)
ny ideas ???
ty

farmz
20-04-2009, 09:31 AM
the cheapest i have been quoted for NEW coilovers of a decent quality is around the $1150 mark with mates rates. if you were willing to be patient and take the risk of second hand nearnew you could probly find cheaper but it may take some time.:D

dumped echo
20-04-2009, 06:55 PM
It all depends on which coilovers you want, and whether you're looking at new or second hand. K-sport, ISC, D2 etc can be had for a lot cheaper and HKS, Tein etc...

You're looking at anywhere between $1150 and $2500

As for ECU it's the same but can be more complicated. New or second hand, what parameters do you want/need to adjust, do you want data logging, what's your price range, who is going to tune it and are they familiar with that system, do you want a fancy hand controller, etc etc
More info needed to make a good decision.

MrSlpa
22-04-2009, 07:16 AM
sorry my bad
ECU (new) budget is around 2.5k installed n tuned
suspension (new) umm not too fussy just good enough for day to day driving . myn r pretty fuked i go ova speed humps fuk my hole bak jst jumps/wobble's. jst want a nice smooth ride
tank you

dumped echo
22-04-2009, 05:49 PM
A set of shocks and springs is good enough suspension for day to day driving. Koni make their own spring and shock combo, or you can mix and match if you want.

For a good ecu you can pick up a Hondata unit for around your price range.